Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by E14 26C
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You can keep posting
Agree.

I sometimes don't get it because I can't get myself to focus for more than ten seconds at a time, in which case I usually PM the person and ask nicely.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:47 pm

Keep it up

^ Make that 3 out of 3!

I hope I will be able to contribute back to this thread soon.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zbenye
If a poll is permitted here, may I ask for a show of thumbs up from those who do get what we've been posting here and in the former devaluation thread, and have benefit from it. If there's not 10 thumbs up, I promise to never again post in the LM forum.
^,please keep the posting as it has been
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, *G, OW G, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
If a poll is permitted here, may I ask for a show of thumbs up from those who do get what we've been posting here and in the former devaluation thread, and have benefit from it. If there's not 10 thumbs up, I promise to never again post in the LM forum.
I also have benefited greatly, and as a newbie I greatly appreciate the willingness to share even in code. It is better than being ignored.
^
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:15 pm

I'm a bit confused about clumping what you do and the understanding. So everyone here understands the code? Well I guess it's popular sovereignty and everyone is free to do as they wish. ^
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:00 am

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
del..

Last edited by bbbflight; Feb 14, 2013 at 8:16 am
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:14 am

Please keep going ^ ^ ^
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
If there's not 10 thumbs up, I promise to never again post in the LM forum.
+^
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:47 am

^
Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2013, 5:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
All the errors will be corrected eventually, it's just a matter of time. It's taking a long time indeed, which confirms that the answer to the question I've been repeatedly asked "do you think LM staff are idiots?" is a resounding YES. I mean, if we - having access to just what they make publicly available - were able to find some three dozen (and counting) "inaccuracies", some gross, then anyone with a little brains and direct access to the database could see it all in 30 minutes of simple SQL querying.
The great discovery you posted was around for a while, discovered by those who downloaded the destinations list and anlaysed it. LM probably never noticed because no one booked anything to/from that destination because no *A partner flew there in the first place. Just like the Munich of the east this one will be discovered too when 000s pile on to book cheap tickets
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The great discovery you posted was around for a while, discovered by those who downloaded the destinations list and anlaysed it. LM probably never noticed because no one booked anything to/from that destination because no *A partner flew there in the first place. Just like the Munich of the east this one will be discovered too when 000s pile on to book cheap tickets
^ to that.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Sorry if I'm a bit late, but how you generate and download a destinations list?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
please keep posting

my english is not good enough to get your hints, but a lot help i received via PM.

so :-:^^^^^^^
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Sorry if I'm a bit late, but how you generate and download a destinations list?
Just take semi-educated look at the source code behind the booking page at LM.com, no biggie at all.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 9:01 am

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
definitely continue posting please!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.