Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:21 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
Originally Posted by zbenye
WOW. I was sure I already knew them all, but this evening I found a 12.5K C1-C2 that I don't recall anyone mentioning. I was looking at availability departing from the place where the member with the fictitious name lives. That's when I saw it. It's also plentifully available from other origins in the place that we blame, as well as at least one in the good ol'.

(you-know-who can now go you-know-where to download you-know-what)
Y only?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by piiit
Y only?
No. Also J, seen in both directions. Note that this is not the well-known one in C2W (which is only useful C2-C1, if I'm not mistaken).
Old Feb 10, 2013, 4:19 am

Is this a "zoning" one, or a routing one?

Last edited by charlesswe; Feb 10, 2013 at 9:17 pm
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:17 pm

¿Looks like I finally managed to post something in a way that wasn't an immediate give-away? Or perhaps it was incoherent, as WWE would ridicule.

By now I've found a handful of origins out of which this works. In a day or two I'll post the reverse availability C2-C1, which may help in identifying additional potential origins in C1.

I'd be interested to know if my OP was enough for anyone to find it, who didn't already know it. Or maybe y'all already knew it (the PMs indicate otherwise).

Last edited by zbenye; Feb 10, 2013 at 12:23 pm
Old Feb 10, 2013, 3:31 pm

¿Looks like I finally managed to post something in a way that wasn't an immediate give-away? Or perhaps it was incoherent, as WWE would ridicule.

By now I've found a handful of origins out of which this works. In a day or two I'll post the reverse availability C2-C1, which may help in identifying additional potential origins in C1.

I'd be interested to know if my OP was enough for anyone to find it, who didn't already know it. Or maybe y'all already knew it (the PMs indicate otherwise).
Your hints aren't very helpful...unless I've already saw it.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 3:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by yerffej201
It's funny, I keep thinking the past tense of 'saw' is 'seed'. I need help. Or listen to less Nicky Minaj.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yerffej201
I'm sure you did
Old Feb 10, 2013, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
It's funny, I keep thinking the past tense of 'saw' is 'seed'. I need help. Or listen to less Nicky Minaj.
No, the problem is the zbenye mentions two, so I want to know if i've hit either of them.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:20 am

I imagine the LGW->LHR connection in the C2-C1 direction is a put-off to many. Seems you'd spend at least 3 hours and £25 transfering.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:37 am

If all stars are aligned, an alternative route via béarnaise will reveal itself.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:42 am

Should be quite a few alternative routes in theory... though LON is the most common.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA

Have not noticed this thread before. At I read through it. the conversation in this thread is becoming increasingly obvious.
In-coherent postings are now preferable. Only silence and PMs are superior

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Feb 11, 2013 at 5:29 am
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:08 am

Ignorance is strength!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by charlesswe
Ignorance is strength!
JustPrecis Sounds like the Party Slogan for the US Republican Party. Not my call but I love it if the reference "Occasional-Trick" in the title of this thread was to be removed as it will attract unnecessary/unwanted attention - like bees to honey.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:42 pm

... In a day or two I'll post the reverse availability C2-C1, which may help in identifying additional potential origins in C1 ...
Finished checking, and inside the next 7 months the only points of entry are EWR, IAD and YYZ. Onward availability exists for the following:

ATL
BDL
BGM
BTV
BUF
CAE
CHO
CHS
CLE
CMH
CRW
FLL
GSO
IND
ORF
PBI
SAV
TPA
TYS
YHZ
YOW
YYT

Originally Posted by charlesswe
If all stars are aligned, an alternative route via béarnaise will reveal itself.
The stars have apparently not yet aligned.

Last edited by zbenye; Feb 12, 2013 at 11:51 am Reason: offensive content replaced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.