Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2014, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by maverick17
Agreed. It's interesting to see how many old time FT's came out of the woodwork on this topic lately more than to hear the complaints, but it's getting a bit much now.
People of questionable morals (me included) come here for the sole purpose of enhancing their abilities to abuse and take advantage of airlines' mistakes for their personal benefit. For such people to criticize someone else's character is laughable. We're all thieves. I'm especially enjoying the half-page-long pontifications by the Y-flyers from the other Trick-It, a thread dedicated to cheating airlines out of revenue (justified or not).

Finally hit 180 posts, time to move to Coupon Connection!
Old May 25, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Maayan
Finally hit 180 posts, time to move to Coupon Connection!
Good luck with that.
Old May 25, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sriegert
making sweeping judgments about people you've likely never met is laughable.

Seems its all about post counts. What a laugh.
We all know by now who is who in the thread, who to trust and who not. And whats cabbage and whats not. Maybe change gears. Like someone said before: stop talking, lets dump!
Old May 26, 2014, 1:19 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
So it seems all my favourite boomerangs for C2>3 are dead. As are those C3>3 Are there any out there left?
Old May 26, 2014, 2:01 am

Programs: TK Elite
This thread has become ridiculous, please get back on topic and quit bashing this guy for the last 20 pages or so, this thread is hard enough to decipher as it is, let's not make it more difficult shall we?
Old May 26, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
... thread is hard enough to decipher as it is, let's not make it more difficult shall we?
There isn't (almost) anything left to decipher anymore
Old May 26, 2014, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by lsed
So it seems all my favourite boomerangs for C2>3 are dead. As are those C3>3 Are there any out there left?
Yes, some still work - discounts from C3 to C2, C2 to C3, C3 to C1, C4 to C2 etc are still possible just not the *full discount*

It seems to me that *majority* of boomerangs returning to the exact same region (based on LM chart pricing) don't work anymore; actually, based on how long the search takes it seems the system doesn't even look at the inventory but returns all sold out right away.

Here's are discounts I've been able to confirm to still work so far:

*partial*

C3 to C2
C2 to C3
C3 to C1
C4 to C2

*full*
C2.5 to C.2 (taxes too high)
C6 to C6 (majority errors out but not showing as "sold out")

Last edited by scibuff; May 26, 2014 at 3:36 am
Old May 26, 2014, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by zagy
There isn't (almost) anything left to decipher anymore
+1. I'm fortunate to have access to more opportunities than most due to my home location (not just merely my current holiday location), and what's left in LM is almost nothing attractive to me. I can do better in a number of other ways.

This thread should be hard to decipher. When it isn't, you have what happens here. I noted almost a month ago how piss poor the thread coding was getting, it was almost laughable. When that occurs, a lot of capable people stop posting here, and take their efforts elsewhere. The brain drain from FT that has happened over the past two years is astonishing. That's what is lost when things like this happen. One person screwed up a massive opportunity, and that's all it took to do so. The brain drain will only accelerate going forward as a result.
Old May 26, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by Maayan
We're all thieves.
To live outside the law you must be honest - Bob Dylan.
Old May 26, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: SEN, FB PLT, HH,

Another 6 days to buy with bonus from LM.

With current situation please advice (everyone welcome) YES or NOT.
Old May 26, 2014, 8:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear Kids,

after repeated personal comments the senior mods decided that things went so much downhill in this thread that it was time to reboot and start afresh. So please continue sharing in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...ed-v2-0-a.html

The discussion about bloggers resides here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...f-j-trick.html

Note that the discussion of other members, including sharing personal details and any communications is a big no-no on FT. Since there was a major back and forth in this thread with mud on both sides we didn't go into the individual disciplinary stuff. Lets start afresh.

Regards Oliver2002
Senior Mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.