Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2014, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by babypuwet
so I still have two tickets for this route in early july. Can I fly it?
There is a big difference between cabotage kitty tickets, and other tickets on the route that are not violating cabotage.

As long as you plan to actually go to your final destination, and you do not have a cabotage violating ticket, you will have no issue
Old May 25, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Kitties, Candies and other stories

FYI it is still possible to make kitties eat candy if you really have to - just requires some careful inspection.
Old May 25, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by catharsis
FYI it is still possible to make kitties eat candy if you really have to - just requires some careful inspection.
Gee great info lets all go book
Old May 25, 2014, 9:50 am

More 411 from my contact at UA:

In response to UA internal memo the UA sushi airport station reported an unusually high number of "no shows" ALL ticketed on 202 (TACA) stock.

UA has flagged all tickets issued in (202) stock for closer scrutiny and all bags are to be tagged to final destination.. no exception!

UA is cooperating with an ongoing DOT investigation which maybe expanded based on further forthcoming data from BR, AC, ANA
Old May 25, 2014, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by babypuwet
so I still have two tickets for this route in early july. Can I fly it?
PM me and I'll clarify
Old May 25, 2014, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by imverge
More 411 from my contact at UA:

In response to UA internal memo the UA sushi airport station reported an unusually high number of "no shows" ALL ticketed on 202 (TACA) stock.

UA has flagged all tickets issued in (202) stock for closer scrutiny and all bags are to be tagged to final destination.. no exception!

UA is cooperating with an ongoing DOT investigation which maybe expanded based on further forthcoming data from BR, AC, ANA
Too bad some people are too stupid to follow one of life's golden rules:

Old May 25, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Award travel on LM

Hi guys, Im not sure if thats the right place to put that thread, but I was wondering if anyone of you has experience with the LM award travel from C1 to the island in the pacific. Is that flyable or did it ever happened that it got cancelled? Hope you guys know what I am talking about
Old May 25, 2014, 4:48 pm

removed

Last edited by scibuff; May 25, 2014 at 4:57 pm Reason: was merged from another thread
Old May 25, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: LH HON, EK Plat, QR Plat, TK EP
I've said it before and I'll say it again... When they (inevitably) show you that Gordon Gekko clip in business school, you shouldn't follow it like a sheep. But, as we can see, more and more people are true sheep. That's all.
Old May 25, 2014, 5:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Just a friendly reminder about posting others' posts, Tweets, etc. without their explicit permission: it's not allowed by the FlyerTalk Rules about Privacy.

JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old May 25, 2014, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!

Well, considering that the action took a lot of the better parts of LM with it, there's not as much else to discuss anymore. Candy has been unsweetened, most boomerangs no longer move properly, and now it is very possible that any remaining better parts might be ruined. In addition, the price of miles will be going up in a few months. So, it basically becomes a buy miles program where you hope award space shows up when you need it, but will have to pay a decent amount of $$$ to get it. The enjoyment is greatly reduced.
Old May 25, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Well, considering that the action took a lot of the better parts of LM with it, there's not as much else to discuss anymore. Candy has been unsweetened, most boomerangs no longer move properly, and now it is very possible that any remaining better parts might be ruined. In addition, the price of miles will be going up in a few months. So, it basically becomes a buy miles program where you hope award space shows up when you need it, but will have to pay a decent amount of $$$ to get it. The enjoyment is greatly reduced.
It's a shame, as I've been hoping LM would prove to be a good fallback in *A following US' merger with AA and UA's price increases/routing restrictions have come into play.
Old May 25, 2014, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by kimielee
Let's move on? Or take a step back, whatever makes us feel better.
Agreed. It's interesting to see how many old time FT's came out of the woodwork on this topic lately more than to hear the complaints, but it's getting a bit much now.
Old May 25, 2014, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I know that, and I understand, but keeping busy discussing his person won't make it better unfortunately.
Old May 25, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Let's move on? Or take a step back, whatever makes us feel better.
exhaust a topic on FT? are you joking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.