Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2014, 9:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 GOLD, AS MVP GOLD, O6 DIAMOND
Originally Posted by yerffej201
i've done a bit more testing and it looks like 90% great wall/massage/sling/experience international frequent flyer/duckies/maple bommeranges intra region c1 c2 c3 c6 are gone? this is sooooo sad

please pm if you've found something i haven't

seems like the aviancinization of routes fixed the other things
Gameover?
I checked and cannot find some route limit seat.
few days ago, it works fine and many dates....

Last edited by lxpatrick; May 23, 2014 at 9:47 pm
Old May 23, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Hmm... indeed, so AM would be free to sell PHX-MEX-YYZ vv as one ticket?@:-)
This is a perfectly legal sixth freedom routing. This is no different than flying, say Lufthansa, LHR-FRA-YYZ.
Old May 24, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: TK Elite
I'm not seeing any less availability in November for the routes I'm interested in.
Old May 24, 2014, 2:05 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
I'm not seeing any less availability in November for the routes I'm interested in.
boomerangs?
Old May 24, 2014, 3:17 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by zagy
boomerangs?
Sure, lots from see three two and reverse
Old May 24, 2014, 3:54 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Just priced a number of intra-asia boomerangs routed via interesting places with no issue....

none involve 'forcing' flights on Angela M's national carrier though.
Old May 24, 2014, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Sure, lots from see three two and reverse
Yep, I can find some too. Although the most populars appear to be gone. For now at least (a girl can dream).
Old May 24, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: -
Oh wow that's annoying...
Would non cabotage routes be at risk of cancellation?
Old May 24, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: -
After reading all this I'm fairly skeptical towards taking a tricked route (non cab).
I know calling the airline is pretty much the dumbest thing I can do, but would much rather have it canceled than be stranded somewhere. Any advice?
Old May 24, 2014, 8:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by jfkcnf
After reading all this I'm fairly skeptical towards taking a tricked route (non cab).
I know calling the airline is pretty much the dumbest thing I can do, but would much rather have it canceled than be stranded somewhere. Any advice?
There's a difference between a cabotage route, which breaks federal rules, which is $25K per infringement, a mis-zoned airport, and excessive routing segments. Not sure which of the cases yours is, but the latter two are hardly a blip on the radar most of the time - sure, thanks to a higher profile than before, LM may be auditing some of the redemptions towards certain zones, but if you've been eticketed, zoning or routing isn't a problem. It's the issuing carrier that messed up, and they can't just revoke your ticket because of it.

To restate another way: if you're flying a cabotage route, you are (well, the airline is) breaking federal law. If you're flying a route that has too many segments or cost "too few points", that's an internal matter and they wouldn't risk receiving an IDB claim from you for cancelling it. So I wouldn't worry.
Old May 24, 2014, 8:47 am

Its definitely not all boomerangs as for example C3 to C3 with a stop to safely deposit your hard earned money works (May 27). Therefore, if the system has been updated they didn't go as far as introducing MPM. But I haven't been able so far to find any still working route from/to C1
Old May 24, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
Originally Posted by scibuff
Its definitely not all boomerangs as for example C3 to C3 with a stop to safely deposit your hard earned money works (May 27). Therefore, if the system has been updated they didn't go as far as introducing MPM. But I haven't been able so far to find any still working route from/to C1
You're absolutely right. I still hold out hope (call me an optimist or naive) that the availability will come back later. After all, we have seen Candy/Woodcutter totally gone but then back to life again...
Old May 24, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
"Overshooters" still alive

While waiting on the fate of Boomerangs, I'm glad to report the health of "Overshooters":

Pay less by ordering another main course from the same chef

So as scibuff pointed out, definitely no MPM implemented.
Old May 24, 2014, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by FrugalLuxury
You're absolutely right. I still hold out hope (call me an optimist or naive) that the availability will come back later. After all, we have seen Candy/Woodcutter totally gone but then back to life again...
Well it is not simple availability as there is space on the individual legs of boomerangs which worked before but show as all sold out. I guess there's nothing else to do but wait to see if anything comes back ...
Old May 24, 2014, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!

Yeah, hopefully it does come back. I'm only on my phone as I am on vacation down here in CPT, and searching LM from phone is a major pain so I didn't check any of the other things I am aware of. Quite happy I hadn't yet bought any miles this month though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.