Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by babypuwet
hi all, need some help. I know that LM cannot be forced into specific routings. and without giving away too much info, I am trying to take a long routing in order to experience couple of long segments of premium cabins. But everything i have found is by forcing one airline. Can it be two different airlines?
no.
Old May 20, 2014, 12:21 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by OnePassLover
Does it shows cancelled from CheckMyTrip? I read it from the other thread often time LM will just leave the tix alone and let it become no show.
It still shows as confirmed on checkmytrip, but from what you are saying, people could cancel their reservation and still use it ?
Old May 20, 2014, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by babypuwet
... long segments of premium cabins. But everything i have found is by forcing one airline. Can it be two different airlines?
If premium for you is only F than no - you can only fly a little further than half the globe in F with different airlines.

If you also mean J than yes it can happen that you get a route around the globe with different airlines. But there is no way to force them. Have seen it only 2 to 3 times in the last 2 years.
Old May 20, 2014, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by montezume
Found three.
Than your script needs a lot of work.

You should find more than 40. (probably most of them will be of no use for you)
Old May 20, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
Found ......
TMI

Last edited by ulus; May 20, 2014 at 12:21 pm
Old May 20, 2014, 1:07 am

Only see c on a few dates

Just started to play around with this and found C5 - C2 for 15k in economy. Don't see any availability for business though.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer

You should find more than 40. (probably most of them will be of no use for you)
Oh give the poster a break . Most of them are useless indeed, unless traveling a ridiculous amount. But really, same is true about FDing as well, or really anything in the miles game.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:17 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer

You should find more than xx. (probably most of them will be of no use for you)
That's not true. The OP said the script looks for airports in wrong countries. There are indeed very few of them.

And may I politely ask, when you say xx, did you include also airports that are correctly coded, but useful for some other reason, e.g. for their geographical location, or because they're very hard to reach?

If yes, the number is still much higher. If no, it's a bit lower given the actual airport database (you might then refer to some old lists...)

Originally Posted by ulus
If you found three, your script is not a helpful tool. There are at least x cities in a wrong zone, 2 of them useless. Besides at least yy xxxxx small airports.
Finally, to all: TMI IMHO
Old May 20, 2014, 1:27 am

Found C2 - C1 for about 200 USD in J but very spotty availability.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:34 am

Lowest is 22500 miles, right? So this would be 'around' 200 euros (and not 200 usd)?
Old May 20, 2014, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by ulus
It still shows as confirmed on checkmytrip, but from what you are saying, people could cancel their reservation and still use it ?
From the cancellation thread, some had their tickets became no show after cancellation. At least one Fter tried to use it after the cancellation and miles were deduct from the account couple days later.

Cancellation of Lifemiles ticket
Old May 20, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
I'm not familiar with the coding of the week at the moment, but I've boked C3-C1 in J with our favourite airline that battles some FTers before the CTA atm. Yet my ticket hasn't been issued for almost 12 hours now, didn't expierience that before when booking that route. Anyone has similiar experiencies? Obvoiusly I dont want to call them to have my ticket issued
Old May 20, 2014, 2:01 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by FlyEurope
I'm not familiar with the coding of the week at the moment, but I've boked C3-C1 in J with our favourite airline that battles some FTers before the CTA atm. Yet my ticket hasn't been issued for almost 12 hours now, didn't expierience that before when booking that route. Anyone has similiar experiencies? Obvoiusly I dont want to call them to have my ticket issued
ticketing can be anywhere from almost instantly, to 2 to 3 days later. This has been said at least 50+ times on these forums
Old May 20, 2014, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
ticketing can be anywhere from almost instantly, to 2 to 3 days later. This has been said at least 50+ times on these forums
You're right, my bad. Thanks anyway, I'm catching up to LM again after not flying longhaul extensively for quite some time.
Old May 20, 2014, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
Try 500+.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.