Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2013, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Cabotage?
Looks like someone may have taken notice. Can still see each leg separately, but not together.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 8:56 am

Call (operating carrier, of course) to verify?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:21 am

People don't like me eating chiclets. Too bad.

Last edited by yerffej201; Jul 5, 2013 at 11:33 am
Old Jul 5, 2013, 1:19 am

Why dont you stick it up your ...
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:58 am

Just don't.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Objections.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:42 am

I guess I need to book that award ticket now as it will be gone once that goes up.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Objections: Yes!
Opinion: Not a good idea!

Even if booking that airline wasn't disabled when you posted before, we are now talking about something much simpler to remedy. It's been shown before that heavy publicity will discourage those who find specials from sharing them.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Why dont you stick it up your ...
Just because of that comment I want to post what I have in mind. Man, that is rude.

But thanks for your opinions everyone. I am a bit confused though... it's not like not posting is going to do me any good...
Old Jul 5, 2013, 2:05 pm

I don't think anybody wants to get into the value of a blogger here. You obviously get commission and maybe ad revenue from your blog so nobody believe it doesn't do you any good even when you say it doesn't. There's another forum or thread or something for this as I understand.

I object and hope you leave lifemiles alone for awhile from your blog.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by maverick17
I don't think anybody wants to get into the value of a blogger here. You obviously get commission and maybe ad revenue from your blog so nobody believe it doesn't do you any good even when you say it doesn't. There's another forum or thread or something for this as I understand.

I object and hope you leave lifemiles alone for awhile from your blog.
Guess I'm not coherent at all today. What I was trying to say is that I might as well post since there's no difference to me whether I post or not.
I don't OBVIOUSLY get commission. Yes, I would probably get a few more ad revenue dollars if I did made that post, but that's not particularly significant nor relevant at all to the content of my post.

I'm not trying to talk about bloggers here. I am just posting this here because I feel that it is the most relevant place to address my question. Sure, I don't have to ask all the FTers here about posting on my blog, and I can write whatever I want. But I do so as a courtesy because as I thought some (or the majority) of people will be pissed from this. Is that something you would like me to not do in the future?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

What I would like is that you are kicked out of here and that you come up with your own content instead of earning a buck or name recognition by stealing from others or from the public domain.

But hey, that's just me. You can do whatever you want, no ethics involved here...
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
What I would like is that you are kicked out of here and that you come up with your own content instead of earning a buck or name recognition by stealing from others or from the public domain.

But hey, that's just me. You can do whatever you want, no ethics involved here...
Explain how I am stealing?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:44 pm

What is the point of bringing it up on your blog if :

A) You're not going to make any significant money out of it, as you've pointed out.
B) You're going to kill it.
C) You're going to piss a whole bunch of people off.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:50 pm

<redacted>

Let's try and keep LM out of the blogs.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 5, 2013 at 4:43 pm Reason: FT TOS: ...Actions That Will Lead to Disciplinary Action: Posting private emails and messages without the author's permission

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.