Search

Award Chart Devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:50 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by c2h
Why is forcing AV comes out to more miles than the AV result on the *A option. 69,000 miles on Y vs 55, 000 on J.
Because there is no expanded award availability by using more miles on the partner * carriers.

With AV, more AV miles increases the award redemption options on AV metal. Think of it as standard award pricing vs premium award pricing for expanded availability on the loyalty program operator's own planes.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:50 pm

Small devaluation buster: going from Europe to USA? Shave a little off by stretching the award to the Caribbean. Connections seen: BOS, CLT, DCA, EWR, IAD, JFK, LGA, ORD, PHL, YUL, YYZ. Remember carry-on-only if you connect at IAD and think you might be too exhausted to actually make it all the way to the beach.

Medium buster: IST from pretty much anywhere is best treated as a connection.

Last edited by zbenye; Dec 21, 2012 at 4:03 pm Reason: More connections
Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by zbenye
Small devaluation buster: going from Europe to USA? Shave a little off by stretching the award to the Caribbean. Connections seen: BOS, CLT, DCA, EWR, IAD, JFK, LGA, ORD, PHL, YUL, YYZ. Remember carry-on-only if you connect at IAD and think you might be too exhausted to actually make it all the way to the beach.

Medium buster: IST from pretty much anywhere is best treated as a connection.
Add YOW there too
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
I didn't check. Some routes went up, some went down. Still an amazing (and wonderfully-buggy) program. What other program lets one fly from Australia/New Zealand/etc to south Asia and on to east Asia for just 17,500 miles? Or USA to Asia for 12,500-miles?
I was able to try some of these and can confirm they work. thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, *G, OW G, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
speaking in code

As a newcomer to this game zbenye's posts were actually pretty useful for me... I am loving reading about LifeMiles thank for the info and all the help getting acclimatized!
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Add YOW there too
Yeah, there are some more. But really, posting trivia like Europe to Caribbean or Istanbul connections that most everybody already know is silly. Where can we have an "improper English" discussion of the more meaningful advantages of LM? I don't care for private circles - that's not the spirit. Really, I'm almost ready to just spell out [redacted] right here on the open forum. Oops, almost did (but that would be a loss only to those in dazzling MEL).

Last edited by zbenye; Dec 27, 2012 at 2:52 am
Old Dec 22, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Yeah, there are some more. But really, posting trivia like Europe to Caribbean or Istanbul connections that most everybody already know is silly. Where can we have an "improper English" discussion of the more meaningful advantages of LM? I don't care for private circles - that's not the spirit. Really, I'm almost ready to just spell out Chi.... right here on the open forum. Oops, almost did (but that would be a loss only to those in dazzling MEL).
the code thing is so utterly ridiculous. do you think the airline staff are so stupid they can't work it out ? ... I don't get it . why don't you go open a blog with discussion capability if you are so desperate to talk in riddles?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 1:48 pm

Today's finds are from TYO:

- Reverse the devaluation of the award to BKK by optionally visiting MFM.

- 17.5K is the magic number also to Germany and Turkey. Devaluation shmivaluation!

- I previously posted that Aussies and their neighbors can get to east Asia for 17.5K via south Asia. Not only is that reaffirmed, but I'm also delighted to inform that there are at least 15 locations that I've counted so far in east Asia that are accommodating in this manner - and these do not require an extra visa! Also, since there is such an abundance of locations, one may be near your actual destination, making it highly probable that you could use these devaluation busters also to get back home.

Last edited by zbenye; Dec 27, 2012 at 2:53 am
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
17,5 from tyo to germany?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Huge thanks to zbenye for the increased transparency.
With two small kids running around I no longer have the time to spend with my decoder ring figuring these things out. But with two more business class tickets to pay for, I appreciate any help with tips and tricks.

I didn't check. Some routes went up, some
went down. Still an amazing (and wonderfully-buggy) program. What other program lets one fly from Australia/New Zealand/etc to south Asia and on to east Asia for just 17,500 miles? Or USA to Asia for 12,500-miles?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by ulus
17,5 from tyo to germany?
Correct, but unlikely: if you're not Arab, I wouldn't remotely consider even just holding a ticket in the hand to that destination. Could mess you up for the rest of your life.

The next best option is 25K, as far as I could tell.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:52 pm

Correct, but unlikely: if you're not Arab, I wouldn't remotely consider even just holding a ticket in the hand to that destination. Could mess you up for the rest of your life.

The next best option is 25K, as far as I could tell.
If you're willing to drop a segment, I see 15k. OW ex TYO (and that has been here for a long time)
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:28 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
Looks like this programme still has many secrets I'm not aware of. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
If you're willing to drop a segment, I see 15k. OW ex TYO (and that has been here for a long time)
Whoa, 15K? Dude you rock! And I think pretty much everything is based on the premise that we are willing to forfeit a segment or three.

May I ask two things: a) is it Europe proper or the eastern tip? b) are you seeing this inside the next 7 months? - because that's the scope to which I've been limiting my searches.

I realize that probably most of what I'm getting all excited and posting about is already known to most folks; I just started actively researching two weeks ago, so definitely very late to the party.

And just so you won't get reprimanded for using abbreviations here, I recommend you edit your post to spell out One Way, and replace "ex" with "out of"...

And of course since we're required to stay on topic, this is all very relevant to mitigating the impact of the recent devaluation.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 2:30 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND

And just so you won't get reprimanded for using abbreviations here, I recommend you edit your post to spell out One Way, and replace "ex" with "out of"...

And of course since we're required to stay on topic, this is all very relevant to mitigating the impact of the recent devaluation.
what's with the sarcasm? take it easy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.