Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by mahoe_

Oh, I would be more than happy if they just charge me the full F miles for my trip :-)

By the way, did you also send LM a screenshot of your route where no availability was shown, or did you just send them screenshots of the legs which you wanted to fly?
Furthermore did you wrote in the E-Mail how many miles should be charged for your routing (for example in my case Europe - Central Asia, 60.000 miles in F)
check out the wiki above! answers to all your questions are already written there.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:11 am
tsz

Anyone else here experiencing much longer than usual response time with the screenshot method recently?

In the past I've received the itinerary within a day or two, but with the latest request I waited for > 1 week after the initial "we will escalate this" response. They didn't get back to me before the award space disappeared, and I had to request an alternative, which I have yet to hear back after another week of waiting...
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by tsz
Anyone else here experiencing much longer than usual response time with the screenshot method recently?

In the past I've received the itinerary within a day or two, but with the latest request I waited for > 1 week after the initial "we will escalate this" response. They didn't get back to me before the award space disappeared, and I had to request an alternative, which I have yet to hear back after another week of waiting...
Took me about 2 days to hear back. However, this was after I escalated it within 24 hours when they hadn't responded.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by i_gtgo
Took me about 2 days to hear back. However, this was after I escalated it within 24 hours when they hadn't responded.
How did you escalate? My attempts have always been responded to with a 'please wait till they get back to you'.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:22 pm

Is it possible to write in the wiki what is currently bookable? Like LH first, etc. And datapoints?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Is it possible to write in the wiki what is currently bookable? Like LH first, etc. And datapoints?
I'll leave the wiki to the experts on this thread, but the list is fairly basic... LX F not possible. LH F available within 14 days of departure. There may be some other outliers, but the rest is pretty much bookable. If it doesn't show on line, but you can find availability via other star booking engines (for example UA), send in a screenshot.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
How did you escalate? My attempts have always been responded to with a 'please wait till they get back to you'.
Escalated via same email address as the one I had sent a screenshot. They were very helpful and responsive. Maybe I got lucky!
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:49 am
tsz

Originally Posted by i_gtgo
Escalated via same email address as the one I had sent a screenshot. They were very helpful and responsive. Maybe I got lucky!
Must be! This is the same canned message I get every time I send a "hey it's been a few days" email.

We apologize for the delay in our response. We advise you that our specialized department does not have an estimated time frame to reach you; therefore, we recommend you to keep waiting for their call at the phone number you provided.We appreciate your comprehension with this matter.
2 weeks and counting now...
Old Jul 10, 2018, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tsz
Must be! This is the same canned message I get every time I send a "hey it's been a few days" email.

That response is pretty much same same as the ones I get - although the 'do not have an estimated timeframe' is new since last year Two weeks is a bit long!
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by tsz

Have you heard back yet? I've waited for 4 days now without a response from the "internal department". I just want to know how long I should expect to wait around this time. Would also appreciate other recent data points out there.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by pete.th
Have you heard back yet? I've waited for 4 days now without a response from the "internal department". I just want to know how long I should expect to wait around this time. Would also appreciate other recent data points out there.
So I sent them a screenshot, then replied with passport as they requested. And then I tried again and it went through.
Did you try again, just seeing if you can book it now?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
So I sent them a screenshot, then replied with passport as they requested. And then I tried again and it went through.
Did you try again, just seeing if you can book it now?
Already sent them my passport copy. They told me I have to wait for their internal department to review my request.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Already sent them my passport copy. They told me I have to wait for their internal department to review my request.
do you have a support case number? if you do, then call in during Colombia business hours and request to be patched through to that ticketing department for ticketing. waiting wont solve your case!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:26 am

I mean, use the website and search again. This time it went through. Even though they hadn't sent any more email correspondence.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
do you have a support case number? if you do, then call in during Colombia business hours and request to be patched through to that ticketing department for ticketing. waiting wont solve your case!
​​​​​​​Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier - I'm doing the screenshot method because I'm not getting the flight combination I want online. Waiting for them to get back to me after I sent in my screenshots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.