Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
It could take days. A reservation may have been created and might not cancel until the ticketing deadline passes. Thanks for removing inventory for others though!
Old May 9, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
Originally Posted by Lonsinla
Wanted to redeem a ticket and the website crashed before I manage to complete the booking. The same seat has now disappeared. I made a dummy booking for other dates without completing the payment and these seats disappeared as well. Does anyone know how long it would take for these seats to appear back in Avianca's inventory again?
48 hours. the space is held but not ticketed you can call in to complete the booking
Old May 9, 2018, 11:00 pm

Has anyone actually flown an LH F segment booked 2 weeks+ out using LM? I'm just wary of a repeat of the Aeroplan/LX F fiasco where LX refused to honor F bookings. Seems too good to be true that LH is releasing so much F space weeks out.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by merridius
48 hours. the space is held but not ticketed you can call in to complete the booking
actually it took a week for it to be released back into inventory. I tried rebooking again once the seat is showing up again and I realised that there is a booking reference that comes up after u click complete payment. Not sure why but payment failed to be processed again when I tried paying.

I called Avianca and the seat will be released back immediately if you call Avianca to cancel that particular booking. I had to complete payment manually over the phone. Does anyone eles have problems paying for the redemption booking online? Pretty frustrating.
Old May 18, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
So I had a booking crash in the middle of booking me a trip (just before entering credit card, so no booking code ever appeared on screen) out of my wife's LifeMiles account and of course the space is gone now (TG flight). Can I just call and have them look up the booking code and finish payment by phone? Do they search under my wife's name (her LifeMiles) or mine (the intended traveler)?
Old May 18, 2018, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
So I had a booking crash in the middle of booking me a trip (just before entering credit card, so no booking code ever appeared on screen) out of my wife's LifeMiles account and of course the space is gone now (TG flight). Can I just call and have them look up the booking code and finish payment by phone? Do they search under my wife's name (her LifeMiles) or mine (the intended traveler)?
Try calling TG, if the reservation was made then they can look up the code if you give them flight info and traveler info.
Old May 19, 2018, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by echino
Try calling TG, if the reservation was made then they can look up the code if you give them flight info and traveler info.
That worked, great suggestion. However, only one of the two TG segments got reserved by Avianca. The second segment is still available with miles. On the fence as to whether I should cancel the partial reservation and hope the inventory shows up again, or attempt to add the second segment via the lifemiles call center.
Old May 19, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by KosherKimchee

That worked, great suggestion. However, only one of the two TG segments got reserved by Avianca. The second segment is still available with miles. On the fence as to whether I should cancel the partial reservation and hope the inventory shows up again, or attempt to add the second segment via the lifemiles call center.
usual rule with lifemiles is to keep it simple so i would cancel and start again
Old May 19, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by wtcmor
usual rule with lifemiles is to keep it simple so i would cancel and start again
Sounds good in theory. Now twice I've made that request and been disconnected by Lifemiles agents when put on hold. Not going to waste any more time, will wait a day or two and hope it auto cancels and returns to inventory.

**further edit** 2nd agent must have actually cancelled when she disconnected me. Inventory immediately returned and was able to book! Great success!

You LifeMiles pros have big bronze cajones. Bought $3600 worth of miles this week and managed to squeeze 3 international F bookings out of it. Probably only suffered minor cardiac damage in the process, totally a nail biting experience.

Last edited by KosherKimchee; May 19, 2018 at 5:28 pm
Old May 21, 2018, 9:17 am

I have not been able to access lifemiles.com (with any browser) since last night.

Can anyone else confirm that website is down?
Old May 21, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by grady4
I have not been able to access lifemiles.com (with any browser) since last night.

Can anyone else confirm that website is down?
I can't, either, and I'm in Colombia. Appears to be down.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
I can't, either, and I'm in Colombia. Appears to be down.
Thank you!
Old May 21, 2018, 9:38 am

I booked two trips within the last week, have been checking Lifemiles website since early yesterday and it appears down. Have checked from multiple computers and browsers, all showing down.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by benjahman
I booked two trips within the last week, have been checking Lifemiles website since early yesterday and it appears down. Have checked from multiple computers and browsers, all showing down.
Back up now after what I'd say was about ~18 hours down, seems to be working fine now.
Old May 21, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by grady4
Back up now after what I'd say was about ~18 hours down, seems to be working fine now.
Nope, it's gone again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.