Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gpeso8
Didn't know that any *Alliance airlines fly into LPQ. Thai Smile is not part of *Alliance.
Wikipedia says it's Thai Airways operated by Thai Smiles. Isn't that the same as AA/DL/UA operated by (insert regional airline)?

Silk Air also flies there.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by italdesign
Wikipedia says it's Thai Airways operated by Thai Smiles. Isn't that the same as AA/DL/UA operated by (insert regional airline)?

It's never been possible to redeem *A miles (other than SQ) on MI.

As far as Thai Smile is concerned, see this thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...d-flights.html
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!

Thai Smile isn't *A, nor is Silkair. So there is no *A service to LPQ.

TG and SQ will be code sharing on their services, but that certainly doesn't mean award seats will be bookable by *A partners...different story for Krisflyer and ROP of course.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:17 am

Nope. For example, using UA miles you can redeem on Starflyer and Air Japan (part of ANA). But on Lifemiles you cannot
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Website doesn't show overnight connection, but available separately

Looking at flying DPS-TPE-JFK in October.

I see availability on BR via the UA site, and Lifemiles shows it as available also if I search segment by segment, but it doesn't come up in smart search or if I specify BR for DPS-JFK.

HKG-TPE-JFK comes up fine with lots of BR options.

Could it be due to the overnight connection? (two days)

If so, is this bookable via Lifemiles, by emailing support?

I've read the last 15-20 pages but didn't see this situation addressed, especially after the website update.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by transparent
Looking at flying DPS-TPE-JFK in October.

I see availability on BR via the UA site, and Lifemiles shows it as available also if I search segment by segment, but it doesn't come up in smart search or if I specify BR for DPS-JFK.

HKG-TPE-JFK comes up fine with lots of BR options.

Could it be due to the overnight connection? (two days)

If so, is this bookable via Lifemiles, by emailing support?

I've read the last 15-20 pages but didn't see this situation addressed, especially after the website update.
If your connections are less than 24 hours you are ok to email support for booking. Be aware it can take a few days for them to respond.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wtcmor
If your connections are less than 24 hours you are ok to email support for booking. Be aware it can take a few days for them to respond.
I thought Lifemiles only allow connections <8 hours?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by usr22
That is typically true on line, although there have been exceptions...but via screenshot method much longer connections have been possible.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Hi, 1st time redeem LM. I was able to print the confirmation page as well as getting the redemption email. It has been 2 days but I didn't see the follow up email with ticket number. Is there one? on EVA air website i was able to pull up the reservation, picked a seat and meal. Am I ok to go on this Sat? where can i find the ticket number?
Thanks in advance
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL, AA, AV, AC
Originally Posted by Peter_Ng
Hi, 1st time redeem LM. I was able to print the confirmation page as well as getting the redemption email. It has been 2 days but I didn't see the follow up email with ticket number. Is there one? on EVA air website i was able to pull up the reservation, picked a seat and meal. Am I ok to go on this Sat? where can i find the ticket number?
Thanks in advance
Sounds fine. I don't think LM ever sends you a separate email with ticket numbers etc. I use checkmytrip.com to keep track of any changes, and you should be able to see your ticket # there.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Thanks in advance
Originally Posted by wunderk
Sounds fine. I don't think LM ever sends you a separate email with ticket numbers etc. I use checkmytrip.com to keep track of any changes, and you should be able to see your ticket # there.
Agree. I've never had an automatic email from LM with ticket details but travel has been fine. you should be able to pull up the ticket number from another source (or by calling the airline) if you need it.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by wtcmor
Originally Posted by usr22
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
That is typically true on line, although there have been exceptions...but via screenshot method much longer connections have been possible.
Thank you-- will try the screenshot method and see what I can get booked!
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Agree. I've never had an automatic email from LM with ticket details but travel has been fine. you should be able to pull up the ticket number from another source (or by calling the airline) if you need it.
i've only done two LM redemptions so far, but the second time i had to call to finish the redemption, and i got an email from amadeus when my reservation had ticketed which was kind of interesting.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Thanks in advance
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx
WolfvanWeen likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:10 pm

When I search from BKK to TYO(NRT) around next Feb, I don't see any availability for most of the dates, in any cabin, while it is wide open on UA.com (TG, EVA, NH, OZ, etc). Is this a known issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.