Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
interesting im seeing LM's engine pull up some SQ SIN-TYO flights in J that United's engine doesn't show

EDIT: and then it disappeared after i went to check some other dates...
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by merridius
interesting im seeing LM's engine pull up some SQ SIN-TYO flights in J that United's engine doesn't show
Not really that interesting!

United's engine doesn't show any SQ availability, in any class on any route. Hasn't done for a long time since SQ forbid them from showing it.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Not really that interesting!

United's engine doesn't show any SQ availability, in any class on any route. Hasn't done for a long time since SQ forbid them from showing it.
i thought it was all partners? i've never seen a SQ J show up in AC or NH's engine either. though to be fair i use UA's engine way more than the other two. TIL.

EDIT: oh any class, i guess it really wasn't that interesting!
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by merridius
i've never seen a SQ J show up in AC or NH's engine either
If it's available it shows up in those places...I could pull up J class on specific SQ aircraft types on NH no problem e.g. MEL-SIN on the A330. None of it shows up on UA because SQ made them remove it from the online engine...you can book SQ via UA by calling.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: QFF
is LX J bookable online? or is screenshot the only way?

I can see availability in both UA and LM sites but errors out when I try to book.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by somebol
is LX J bookable online? or is screenshot the only way?

I can see availability in both UA and LM sites but errors out when I try to book.
it has been bookable in the past on line. You could try calling on this one, or try screen shot.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
While attempting to book either Y or C/J to Europe, I receive an error unless I use United TATL.

Phone support says only support via email ([email protected]) can manually construct this reservation (he also experienced the same problem: sees inventory, but fails to book). I'm told they will construct in 24 hours (hopefully it'll still be there). Prior to calling in (@3p), I had posted an email (at 9a) which has yet to have a response (no automatic response).
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by eddieflyer
While attempting to book either Y or C/J to Europe, I receive an error unless I use United TATL.
That was my experience too. Check out the following thread if you missed it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...ilability.html
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:30 pm
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
Actually, I have seen SQ J many times when I searched from IAD-SIN. The segments that mostly showed up were regional, such as: NRT-SIN, BKK-SIN.

I never really booked them since I was looking for IAD-BOM/DEL/MAA/HYD TPAC, and I never got a complete itinerary in J.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by somebol
is LX J bookable online? or is screenshot the only way? I can see availability in both UA and LM sites but errors out when I try to book.
Search both this thread and the trick thread. Sometime early this year Swiss shifted the operating company of many of their long haul flights to a subsidiary, causing those flights to no longer show on lifemiles (likely that other star alliance airlines updated their sites to match this change)
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Maayan
That was my experience too. Check out the following thread if you missed it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...ilability.html
That thread suggests a change with Swiss (coding from LX to LZ) may be the culprit, but I'm not aiming for Swiss flights. Perhaps its plausible that another glitch affects all Miles&Smiles members (Swiss, LH, OS, Eurowings, LOT, ..). That would seem a bit unlikely to me, but haven't found/checked AC or SQ for TATL. Who knows.

Of course this is super annoying because I'm trying to book my flight for next week and the "email team" doesn't even send an auto-response. And it's been > 24 hours. Phone service can't help -- "just email into the void and hope..."
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by eddieflyer
That thread suggests a change with Swiss (coding from LX to LZ) may be the culprit, but I'm not aiming for Swiss flights. Perhaps its plausible that another glitch affects all Miles&Smiles members (Swiss, LH, OS, Eurowings, LOT, ..). That would seem a bit unlikely to me, but haven't found/checked AC or SQ for TATL. Who knows.

Of course this is super annoying because I'm trying to book my flight for next week and the "email team" doesn't even send an auto-response. And it's been > 24 hours. Phone service can't help -- "just email into the void and hope..."
What error have you been receiving, by the way?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
What error have you been receiving, by the way?
"Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.
Please try again.If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support."

Needless to say the problem persists
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:31 am

Curiously the front end of the search has changed. The backend still craps itself though.

At about 49 hours since my email to Avianca, I received a response deferring any work -- it requested a photocopy of my passport (information which is in my avianca profile) and my phone number (information that was in the body of the email). I had already attached a DL photo (which is what was requested).

I replied within 3 minutes. It's been a few hours more, and no response.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:58 am

New GUI now live for me. Before it was only if I switched location to Argentina

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.