Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by hannes08
Idea 1: Read the cancelation thread here in FT. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...es-ticket.html

Idea 2: Wait some hours and try again. There are lots of known problems with the LM computer system.

Idea 3: Send an email. They will call you back and you have to tell them your data....
Thanks, sent email, lets see what happens.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:15 pm

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Has anyone successfully booked SQ seats in J with LM recently?
Yes I just booked a OW SIN-LHR on SQ (dayflight) and had no issues with ticketing. I booked on a Friday during lunch (Singapore time) and I received the e-ticket from LM the next morning at 5AM. I could immediately access the booking on SQ and after it was ticketed I could choose a seat and book the cook.
The booking also shows up as ticketed and confirmed on checkmytrip.com.

Total cost was 990 USD plus 50 USD taxes which is quite a good deal for SQ biz and I have good chances to try out the new J product if there is no change in aircraft.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:21 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by zagy
Yeah... as a programer myself, I'm in awe as well. I actually admire the skill it takes to put together an IT system like that

If you're not in a hurry, perhaps wait a while and see if you get e-tickets?
Well they got ticketed just now, so I'm very happy. They did end up charging me the full amount, but paying $2825+tax each for RT in F (even UA F) between Australia and US is easily cheap enough that I'm not complaining. Looking at the same dates right now on united.com, it's $2555 just for Y+. Result!

Also, compared to the drama I've been through getting points transferred from Chase to SQ, the LM experience has actually been quite pleasant.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
For SQ I have done only intra-Asia in 'new regional' SQ J (angle-flat) of late. Availability on these type of SQ flights is quite okay if you have some flexibility in dates, but then that is not a secret.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 3:52 am

Programs: AF Plat. Ba Gold. SPG Plat. HH Diamond. Miles and Smiles Gold. LH Sen
Is there a booking failure at this moment? I tried several routes but there is no availability also routes like FRA-LHR and SIN-BKK.. Isn't it strange?
Old Jun 14, 2014, 5:13 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Freewilly
Is there a booking failure at this moment? I tried several routes but there is no availability also routes like FRA-LHR and SIN-BKK.. Isn't it strange?
I cannot see any availability either for anything. UA shows plenty. Hope they fix this.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 5:20 am

Programs: SEN
Originally Posted by 1k650
I cannot see any availability either for anything. UA shows plenty. Hope they fix this.
+1. I checked some routes last night and now NOTHING is showing up anymore

EDIT: even some of the easiest to find Intra-European awards show zero availability at the moment.

Last edited by superpointsLXflyer; Jun 14, 2014 at 5:26 am
Old Jun 14, 2014, 5:50 am

Nothing showing up for me either. Very frustrating
Old Jun 14, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by 1k650
Hope they fix this.
I would think that they would?
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Very frustrating - still broken after several hours. Time to start posting on their Facebook page?

Hope they are not making any "enhancements".

Last edited by 1k650; Jun 14, 2014 at 10:31 am
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: TK Elite
Same here, nothing showing for SIN-TYO SQ
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:21 am

yep everything shown as sold out. very annoying
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
I was thinking why there are no seats no matter what routes I used.

Now I see many facing the same problem. Hopefully they resolve it soon.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: SEN
From what I can tell the award space is back to where it was 24hrs ago ^
Old Jun 15, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Redeemed a LH ticket 3 hours ago. PNR created, miles taken from account ...

I can now see the etix numbers on LH.com but not on CheckMyTrip. Is this normal?

also... can't seem to select seats on LH.com. I'm clicking the "select seats" button but nothings happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.