Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Seems LM is blocking NZ J across the board. Confirmed space with EF and available to UA, nothing on LM.

....ers.
It seems to be going down the drain. At least most *A flights used to be bookable on the website.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:18 am

when you call LifeMiles support they just lie
and keep pushing you around
LifeMiles motto is manana manana manana

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
It seems to be going down the drain. At least most *A flights used to be bookable on the website.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
You can TWOV at DME but if you have checked luggage, it will be a problem. Also, which CIS country? Belarus is considered Russia domestic for these purposes. You'd have a problem transiting DME without a Russian visa in this case (even with a Belarus visa) since you wouldn't legally be in Russia, assuming you even get that far.

Originally Posted by AlmostJesus
Ive been in the market for LX or OS J in June. Since this error has showed up, I have been unable to book. I tried some alternate destinations today, and I was able to find J award space on LX from DME-ZRH-ORD that I could get to the passenger info page. This is odd considering there is no available award space ZRH-ORD on a separate search. It is very tempting to try and book this, but I am unsure of transit difficulties through DME arriving on a separate ticket (coming from a CIS country). United did show the same space.
There was award space available on OS DME-VIE-ORD, but I was unable to get past the selection page.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by macssam
when you call LifeMiles support they just lie
and keep pushing you around
LifeMiles motto is manana manana manana
I am having the same issue. Star Alliance flights are not bookable on the site but Avianca flights are... I am so mad.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
I am having the same issue. Star Alliance flights are not bookable on the site but Avianca flights are... I am so mad.
I just did a (random) dummy booking for OS25 in J on June 14th no problem.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Guvner067
I just did a (random) dummy booking for OS25 in J on June 14th no problem.
This is interesting. I am not having any trouble with OS flights in June either but flights in May, I receive an error. Trying to book ORD-VIE on May 10 and getting an error. Tried YYZ-VIE on June 20 and works fine. I don't imagine there is some type of a restriction on booking on-line redemption flights close to departure, is there?
Old May 1, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
I don't imagine there is some type of a restriction on booking on-line redemption flights close to departure, is there?
No. 24 hours in advance is possible.
Old May 2, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Same issue here...
Trying to book an OS flight and keep getting Errors before the page to enter my name.

Whats the best way to get the ticketed booked? (The availability is also showing up on ANA and AC but really high YQ)
Old May 2, 2017, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by TProphet
You can TWOV at DME but if you have checked luggage, it will be a problem. Also, which CIS country? Belarus is considered Russia domestic for these purposes. You'd have a problem transiting DME without a Russian visa in this case (even with a Belarus visa) since you wouldn't legally be in Russia, assuming you even get that far.
I am coming from Azerbaijan. I opted to do a manual booking request for KBP-VIE-ORD which I was able to do without much difficulty (Aside from abrasive CS agents when I called to pay). I opted to go the OS manual booking route so I could actually leave the airport and see a new country as the long layover was my only option with the award space options available.
Old May 2, 2017, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by lsed
Same issue here...
Trying to book an OS flight and keep getting Errors before the page to enter my name.

Whats the best way to get the ticketed booked? (The availability is also showing up on ANA and AC but really high YQ)
When is your date of travel? If there is time (and I hear it takes about 3-4 days), then emailing them will do the trick (and based on data points, this is less painful then calling to book). If not, you may need to call.

Also, it seems that I have been able to isolate the problem to OS flights within the next month or so. Other airlines are not affected. For instance, trying to book a UA flight in two days and no issues at all.

Last edited by vdostoi1; May 2, 2017 at 2:59 pm
Old May 2, 2017, 9:35 pm

When is your date of travel? If there is time (and I hear it takes about 3-4 days), then emailing them will do the trick (and based on data points, this is less painful then calling to book). If not, you may need to call.

Also, it seems that I have been able to isolate the problem to OS flights within the next month or so. Other airlines are not affected. For instance, trying to book a UA flight in two days and no issues at all.
Mainly the M&M partners, like OS, LH, and LX, seem to have trouble booking online from C1-C2. C2-C2 and C2-C1 seem unaffected.

Last edited by iluvdoco; May 3, 2017 at 5:22 am
Old May 8, 2017, 11:40 am

Has anyone else's searches been erroring out more than usual?
Old May 8, 2017, 10:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Mainly the M&M partners, like OS, LH, and LX, seem to have trouble booking online from C1-C2. C2-C2 and C2-C1 seem unaffected.
not to mention that LH availability is very limited... how can we book via email if I can ask?
Old May 18, 2017, 6:21 am

I have never used Lifemiles and I am curious as there is a promotion going on. I searched up tickets from Toronto to HK with Eva Air on August 6/7? It's available - will I have troubles booking? Reason I am asking is I don't want to buy and be left with miles I cannot use..
Old May 18, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by anythursday
I have never used Lifemiles and I am curious as there is a promotion going on. I searched up tickets from Toronto to HK with Eva Air on August 6/7? It's available - will I have troubles booking? Reason I am asking is I don't want to buy and be left with miles I cannot use..
I make a lot of BR redemptions via LifeMiles. If the flights show up on the LifeMiles website they are bookable. I haven't had to use the screenshot method for any pure BR related itinerary.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.