Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Has been this way for at least two years... LM's inventory doesn't match that of UA's.
Any known patterns? in my example both 2/23 and 2/24 have 1 seat available (ac and united). but LM shows it on 2/23 1 seat 2/24 0.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by moops380
Any known patterns? in my example both 2/23 and 2/24 have 1 seat available (ac and united). but LM shows it on 2/23 1 seat 2/24 0.
Not that I could work out. UA/Aeroplan might have shown LH daily, but LM just had random days each week (never the same days as far as I could work out).
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:04 am

Maybe our joke about Lifemiles being redeemable on Etihad Apartments will come true in the near future! Talk of Etihad joining forces with United/Star Alliance.

https://onemileatatime.com/etihad-united-partnership/
IAH2MEL likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Maybe our joke about Lifemiles being redeemable on Etihad Apartments will come true in the near future! Talk of Etihad joining forces with United/Star Alliance.

https://onemileatatime.com/etihad-united-partnership/
If this happens, they will likely block Apartments like SQ did with their suites.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by mlqsko
If this happens, they will likely block Apartments like SQ did with their suites.
or LX with their first class!

the new site is simply horrible.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite

or LX with their first class!

the new site is simply horrible.
LX F is not on par with suites/apartments, hence I didn't even mention it lol
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
LX F is not on par with suites/apartments, hence I didn't even mention it lol
Watch the apartments be bookable on Lifemiles, only to error out on the payment screen.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
After reading many horror stories in this thread I crossed my fingers and was succesful in booking EVA J BKK-TPE-ORD for next February. Between the new (awful) website and reading about BR ghost inventory, I was quite happy with my redemption. I didnt want to fool around trying to get the United segment the next day to my home so ill just pay for that outright.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Trying to book a TK flight for TLV SIN
when doing *A search not many options show up in Business.

The flights are available when searching under Turkish Airlines (separately for TLV IST, and IST SIN)
However when I try to search TLV - SIN under Turkish Airlines, I get the error:

The origin/destination entered is not available for the selected airline. Please try with another search

Anyone knows a workaround for this?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsed
Trying to book a TK flight for TLV SIN
when doing *A search not many options show up in Business.

The flights are available when searching under Turkish Airlines (separately for TLV IST, and IST SIN)
However when I try to search TLV - SIN under Turkish Airlines, I get the error:

The origin/destination entered is not available for the selected airline. Please try with another search

Anyone knows a workaround for this?
Yes - you'll need to send in screenshots for this to thave them book it for you. The way to do this is in the wiki above. (Basically send in screenshots of A-B, B-C but no availability A-C).
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:56 am

When using the "screenshot method" - how long did you have to wait for the answer? Did customer service acknowledge your initial submission?

I've sent a question to Lifemiles support initially, and got a reply in 24 hours. Sent another email with the requested itinerary, screen shots attached. 2 days later no reply of any kind. Wonder if they are "working on it" or email was lost/ignored/routed to spam.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tr3k
When using the "screenshot method" - how long did you have to wait for the answer? Did customer service acknowledge your initial submission?

I've sent a question to Lifemiles support initially, and got a reply in 24 hours. Sent another email with the requested itinerary, screen shots attached. 2 days later no reply of any kind. Wonder if they are "working on it" or email was lost/ignored/routed to spam.
This week mine took 9 days. There are similar reports up to 10 days. It's not 'lost', they'll get around to it. If your preferred flights are now sold out they may offer alternatives.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
This week mine took 9 days. There are similar reports up to 10 days. It's not 'lost', they'll get around to it. If your preferred flights are now sold out they may offer alternatives.
Thanks, understood. Patience is not my strong suit, but let's hope.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Does the $25pp award booking fee still not show up until the last page? Trying to weigh my options for a domestic itinerary.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: AC 50K *G Marriott Gold
I just missed a call from a Miami number after having sent in a manual booking request 9 days ago. I assume that was them based on info I've seen, but when I call back it says the number is not in service. If that was Lifemiles, am I SOL or will they call back (hopefully before another week and a half goes by)?

EDIT: They just replied by email to inform me that the flights were no longer available. They were available 9 days ago when I submitted the request! What a joke.

Last edited by MusicalAirplanes; Mar 13, 2019 at 11:37 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.