Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Old Apr 19, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SilverChris
If anyone's going to book via the call centre, my advice is to pick up the phone with a whole lot of patience (and still expect to watch your blood boil).
so true....
Old Apr 19, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Oh, I wish the good old days with BMI Diamond club and their ICC were back!!!

That said, I found the Taca/Avianca Lifemiles agents quite courteous on the phone, although not very professional and efficient.

I also found that they are good with responding to emails, so for non-urgent things, email correspondence is better. Otherwise Skype is your friend, and just put them on the speaker phone and carry on with your other work while you are waiting.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 7:21 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Transaction failure

Can anyone help with a transaction problem?

Went through booking steps, inserted AMEX credit card details but got an error after. Nothing deducted but inventory no longer available. Anyone have a work around to this? Will agents be able to pull it up if I ring?

Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by hsk
Can anyone help with a transaction problem?

Went through booking steps, inserted AMEX credit card details but got an error after. Nothing deducted but inventory no longer available. Anyone have a work around to this? Will agents be able to pull it up if I ring?

Thanks!
you should have hit back and tried again. did you write down the booking number which was shown during the booking process? You have an existing unpaid, unticketed itinerary at present. It may be able to be pulled up by telephone but in future go back and do it again.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
you should have hit back and tried again. did you write down the booking number which was shown during the booking process? You have an existing unpaid, unticketed itinerary at present. It may be able to be pulled up by telephone but in future go back and do it again.
Actually, if you hit the back button, you will see the PNR number
If you put that PNR in checkmytrip, you will see the itinerary

Call them with the PNR number and they should be able to take your credit card details on the phone. They might ask for $55 dollars on top of the $25 online redemption fees. To save hassles later, just pay the $55 and be done with the ticketing.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:02 am

You can hit back to the payment page and do payment again . Worked for me
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by travelislife
No definitely not mixed class. Business the whole way. I can get CDG-MUC-BKK to show and BKK-MEL to show but it only occasionally shows CDG-MUC-BKK-MEL. Very annoying.
Sometimes you get results to show up when you select the time interval as well.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:31 am

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by dre_techie
Sometimes you get results to show up when you select the time interval as well.
Very annoying, can't seem to force it to show the short European connectors so might have to brave the call centre tonight, not looking forward to it all. BMI DC and USDM are an absolute dream to deal with compared to this mob. Such straight forward bookings that should be able to be done without any hassle.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Just booked one ticket 5 hours ago. Amex, no problems.

Tried again 1 min ago, Can't get authorization. Hit back, tried again, no dice. Tried about 7 times and also with another card. Can't get it to work!

Called the bank, and the bank and was told nothing was blocked on their end.

Think I'll wait for the reservation to lapse and try again.

Last edited by lsed; Apr 26, 2013 at 2:24 pm
Old Apr 26, 2013, 3:47 pm

Life Miles Help

Hi we are about to purchase the 100% life miles offer today we have used US dividend miles in the past, and found it very easy to do, however we used KV Tool search engine to select our flights can you do that with life miles,if not what search engine do you use,also we are looking to go to Vietnam or Cambodia from Brisbane Business Class do Singapore Air participate in this thank you in advance James
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by lsed
Just booked one ticket 5 hours ago. Amex, no problems.

Tried again 1 min ago, Can't get authorization. Hit back, tried again, no dice. Tried about 7 times and also with another card. Can't get it to work!

Called the bank, and the bank and was told nothing was blocked on their end.

Think I'll wait for the reservation to lapse and try again.
why not make a new reservation? Or call TACA to buy on the phone, the administration fee will be waived if you have a reservation #.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:31 pm

This is really driving me nuts:

Try to search a flight on Nov.17 from AUS-DLC for 1 passenger, only AUS-IAD-PEK-DLC available;

if search for 2 passengers, an additional route comes out: AUS-ORD-PEK-DLC; (including the 1st route)

if I search for 3 passengers, a third route becomes available : AUS-LAX-PEk-DLC. (including both routes above).

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THE SYSTEM?? If I want to choose the 2nd route (AUS-ORD-PEK-DLC) for only 1 passenger, then it's NOT available!!
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Edmo1

Try to search a flight on Nov.17 from AUS-DLC for 1 passenger, only AUS-IAD-PEK-DLC available;

if search for 2 passengers, an additional route comes out: AUS-ORD-PEK-DLC; (including the 1st route)

if I search for 3 passengers, a third route becomes available : AUS-LAX-PEk-DLC. (including both routes above).

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THE SYSTEM?? If I want to choose the 2nd route (AUS-ORD-PEK-DLC) for only 1 passenger, then it's NOT available!!
The system is extremely wonky.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Edmo1

Try specific departure times in your search.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
Try specific departure times in your search.
tried but not working, thanks though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.