Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Nope, it's gone again.
You're right.

I can get to the site itself now, but upon attempting to log in I'm shunted to a "We will be back soon!" page.
Old May 22, 2018, 2:31 pm

I wanted to buy some more LifeMiles on the website and I also called them but all attempts to pay failed for unknown reasons. I tried 6 different credit cards and 2 debit cards ( 5 different banks ) but none of them worked. I called the banks but they can't even see any pending or declined charges. Last year I bought miles and booked flights multiple times with one of those credit cards without any issues. I have to book a flight soon and I'm a little afraid that this will happen again and I won't be able to do the booking even with my current miles in my account when it comes to pay the taxes / fees.

Any help or idea how to solve this problem is much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Btw, I had my first negative experience with LifeMiles in April when my flight was canceled by Lufthansa due to a labor strike in Germany. It took me about 5 weeks to get the LifeMiles back that I used for this flight and I had to call and email several times. Fortunately, I was pretty flexible with my schedule otherwise it would've been a nightmare.
Old May 22, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by MH79
Btw, I had my first negative experience with LifeMiles in April when my flight was canceled by Lufthansa due to a labor strike in Germany. It took me about 5 weeks to get the LifeMiles back that I used for this flight and I had to call and email several times. Fortunately, I was pretty flexible with my schedule otherwise it would've been a nightmare.
And why do you blame LM if LH does not fly due to strike?
Old May 22, 2018, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
And why do you blame LM if LH does not fly due to strike?
I’m not blaming LM for the canceled flight, not at all. My complaint is only about the time it took LM to refund the miles. They first told me it will take about 1 week to process the refund but then I had to call over and over again to ask for an update. They never told me why it took so long and they just repeated that they will take care of it right away and apologized for the delay. I just think 5 weeks is way too long and if it really takes that long they should be honest about it.
Old May 23, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium

I’m not blaming LM for the canceled flight, not at all. My complaint is only about the time it took LM to refund the miles. They first told me it will take about 1 week to process the refund but then I had to call over and over again to ask for an update. They never told me why it took so long and they just repeated that they will take care of it right away and apologized for the delay. I just think 5 weeks is way too long and if it really takes that long they should be honest about it.
you are lucky it took only 5 weeks for a refund. My paid ticket which was cancelled when they went on stike took 4 mths for them to refund and thats with frequent calls and chasing via email.
Old May 23, 2018, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Lonsinla
you are lucky it took only 5 weeks for a refund. My paid ticket which was cancelled when they went on stike took 4 mths for them to refund and thats with frequent calls and chasing via email.
4 months is ridiculous...then I was indeed very lucky. What did they tell you initially how long it will take?
Old May 23, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
4 months is ridiculous...then I was indeed very lucky. What did they tell you initially how long it will take?
2mths after submission of request for refund online. I had to call them and email them so often and the agent who replied was curt and unprofessional and implied that I cant do anything but wait it out until their department approves the refund
Old May 26, 2018, 7:00 pm

Lifemiles website account access

I Have been unable to access my lifemiles account looks like there is a system glitch.Anyone else having problems?
Old May 26, 2018, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Glenn7870
I Have been unable to access my lifemiles account looks like there is a system glitch.Anyone else having problems?
I had an error screen this morning, but that was on the 'buy miles' page. The rest of the account was working fine.

As an aside, looks like they have fixed the recent glitch where LH J class was removed from view. This is now back. (The glitch had affected a few routes where LH F was available for a few weeks but later closed down. That also affected the J class inventory. But it now seems to be back.)
Old May 26, 2018, 7:11 pm
soy

Programs: various
entire site was down for me a few days ago - but works fine now
Old May 28, 2018, 8:08 pm

Tried 7 different cards in 5 different family accounts. All failed! What's the point of these sales if we can't buy any???
Old May 29, 2018, 5:43 am

same here ... tried with 3 different Cards on 3 Browsers ... no Chance to buy miles ...
Old May 29, 2018, 3:24 pm
soy

Programs: various
Elsewhere people have reported success using virtual cards - citi allow this on some of their cards, not sure about other banks
Old May 30, 2018, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I just bought miles with a credit card (not virtual). Working ok except for a short 1 minute delay to process the transaction.

Maybe try again if you've been having problems.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by bertlbob
same here ... tried with 3 different Cards on 3 Browsers ... no Chance to buy miles ...
worked now .. with same Card as yesterday ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.