Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
So, on a date I'd like next year, there is availability on 3/11 for MDE-BOG and BOG-LAX. But not MDE-BOG-LAX. This is right at the end of schedule. Is this just a timing issue or does Avianca Life Miles use married segment logic. Should I wait or buy separate tickets?

If seperate tickets, will Avianca through check the bags in BOG?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by beachfan
So, on a date I'd like next year, there is availability on 3/11 for MDE-BOG and BOG-LAX. But not MDE-BOG-LAX. This is right at the end of schedule. Is this just a timing issue or does Avianca Life Miles use married segment logic. Should I wait or buy separate tickets?

If seperate tickets, will Avianca through check the bags in BOG?
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection (rather than it being a case of married segments).

Take three screen shots - MDE-BOG, BOX-LAX and the 'not available' screen for MDE-LAX. Send them all off with a scan of your passport page and LM will make the booking manually for you.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection (rather than it being a case of married segments).

Take three screen shots - MDE-BOG, BOX-LAX and the 'not available' screen for MDE-LAX. Send them all off with a scan of your passport page and LM will make the booking manually for you.
Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Any one else that has been inconvenienced by the 24 hour block? Seems like you cannot book last minute awards in the same day as departure!
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Any one else that has been inconvenienced by the 24 hour block? Seems like you cannot book last minute awards in the same day as departure!
It's been like that for as long as I can remember!
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
It's been like that for as long as I can remember!
Yeah, it's definitely been like that in at least the last 2 years that I can remember. But yes, it is inconvenient.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:07 pm
Original Member

Problems co

within 24 hours, good luck with that.

Can hardley get get things booked 10-11 months out.

No more mileage purchases until I see some changes Life Miles!!

your cash cow is going to run dry!
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Marvella

No more mileage purchases until I see some changes Life Miles!!

your cash cow is going to run dry!
Agreed. I've stop purchasing miles and am running down my balance.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: most of them
I had made that pledge too...until I managed to book a couple of awards last week. Things seem to be back to "normal" and searches are running a lot quicker. Maybe I just got lucky?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:13 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Noticeably improved after maintenance this month.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: United Gold (frmer. 1k and GS), AAdvantage Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Gold
-----

Last edited by lesamuel; Apr 7, 2018 at 4:57 pm Reason: Resolved.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL
Well this is something I have never seen before... LH USA-MUC-DME biz was not showing any availability for the dates I wanted on United or Aeroplan website, even for individual sectors; but somehow Lifemiles was showing 1 seat. I was certain this was phantom but said what the heck; let me just try; lo and behold I even got confirmation emails and the confirmation code is showing a confirmed Biz itinerary on Lufthansa.com!! Am very impressed; this was for peak world cup travel!
Tokyoite and Guvner067 like this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:16 pm

Does subscribing to Club Lifemiles count as a qualifying activity that keeps my Lifemiles account active?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 5:36 pm

Yes. It is a good/main reason to subscribe to one of these plans!

P
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:11 am

How long after sending the screenshots does LifeMiles usually take to respond with a manual booking? I sent it yesterday but haven't heard back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.