Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by harryhv
Anyone know how to book a SAS award? I can't get it to display ANY availability on SAS, even when the award seats are wide open according to United.

Example: May 26 OSL-BGO (Bergen). United shows economy awards available every day that week. Lifemiles shows nothing, neither on Star Alliance nor on SAS. And that's the same for both the old and new booking engines.

[OT- successfully booked a C award on United's new IAH-SYD flight by reverting to the old Lifemiles booking engine as described by [b]skimthetrees above. The new engine hasn't heard about that flight]
I don't think I've ever been able to book an SK award even with the old search engine.

Re: OSL-BGO, why not just take the train? It's a little longer, but it's very scenic- did the train ride myself a few short months ago.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
sorry for a newbie question-with a lifemiles reservation number-how can you get the reservation codes for other airlines?
thanks
check here https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
thanks-i was trying to use the new
check my trip which doesnt work!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Old interface is back today

the old interface is back at the moment - country is set to "rest of the world" - did not do anything special.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
can't corroborate. You sure it's not your local browser cache?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:17 am

Same here, nothing works. VPNs, private sessions, nothing.
neurofrou likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
New browser is back for me and showing availability on sample routes (as was the old browser yesterday)
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: most of them
getting availability on AC for flights I am looking for (new interface) [DCA-YYC and YVR-DCA]. But booking craps out with an error message when I select the options I want. Sent emails to support
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:55 pm

The new interface seems a lot faster now, but still not showing the availability of the old interface.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Dec 13, 2017 at 10:02 pm
Old Dec 17, 2017, 5:00 pm

am trying the screenshot route to deal with website error-but not getting any reply after 65hrs-any idea how to proceed?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
am trying the screenshot route to deal with website error-but not getting any reply after 65hrs-any idea how to proceed?
what addressee d you send the screenshots?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:24 am

support lifemiles
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:38 pm

seems the old interface is truly dead.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: A3 Silver, TK Gold
Unhappy

Originally Posted by ncncyoo
Hi all, anyone experience this problem try to book redemption ticket.
A similar error occurred to me several times after entering card data and switching to payment.
I tried to pay by cards 3-4 banks (cards were both credit and debit). And only on the card of one of the banks the payment is always successful. The reason is not clear.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: SkyTeam: AF/KL Gold. Star Alliance: CM Gold; AV Gold; UA. OneWorld: BA Sapphire
Hi everyone
I'd like to use my AV LifeMiles to upgrade an economy flight from BOG to LHR which I purchased as part of a longer itinerary. Since originally there was no availability in the 'I' fare bucket (the one for award biz class tickets and award upgrades), but biz cabin was mostly unsold, I purchased an ExpertFlyer Premium subscription and set up an alert. Sure enough, yesterday ExpertFlyer notified me that there were seats available in the "I" fare bucket. I called Avianca but was told that no upgrade awards were available. I insisted that I could see there was availability in the I fare bucket. However, the agent explained that only from the internal Avianca system can one see if the available seats in 'I' are available for award tickets only or also for upgrades. In this case, the agent assured me they were only available for award tickets for the time being, although this might change in the coming days and weeks. Is this possible? Any thoughts on what I should do? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.