Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
maybe we should compile a list for which partners the new interface can/cannot reliably pull availability?

as far as i can tell it seems to me it can show NH/UA space.
TG, OZ, SQ, BR all don't show up
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by merridius
maybe we should compile a list for which partners the new interface can/cannot reliably pull availability?

as far as i can tell it seems to me it can show NH/UA space.
TG, OZ, SQ, BR all don't show up
It's showing TK and AC too. I also checked a couple of flights on LH group (LH, OS, SN), and they are also showing up (which is interesting given Lifemiles's system has always been buggy when dealing with these airlines).

In addition to TG/OZ/SQ/BR above, CA is not showing up again...
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Seems to have been an update. Some LH,TG,OZ,SQ flights are coming up again in all classes.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:14 am

Last edited by mlqsko; Oct 23, 2017 at 12:23 pm
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:39 pm

Strange, it's defaulting to the old search engine for me, when using Chrome (no incognito mode or old search link required). Saw a few routes with LH F availability, but no OS J or LX J availability.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:58 am

Now I see some availability in LH F, TG F, OS J.
Boomenrangs seem to have gone.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
The new search seems to have the same issue I always encountered: Lack of most connections, even simple ones on the same airline. e.g. There can be tons of availability HKT-BKK and BKK-SYD, yet absolutely nothing ever showing for HKT-SYD.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: EK, AS
Cant log in

i can’t even log into the lifemiles website. I’ve tried several different times today after I got the two for one email from several different devices with no luck. It just gives me a clock like its thinking about logging me in.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Inter_0perative
i can’t even log into the lifemiles website. I’ve tried several different times today after I got the two for one email from several different devices with no luck. It just gives me a clock like its thinking about logging me in.
same here on firefox, chrome, ie. just checking in to see if anyone else.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by ddjen11
same here on firefox, chrome, ie. just checking in to see if anyone else.
No issues for me on chrome i'm using the US site.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by gpeso8
No issues for me on chrome i'm using the US site.
weird - so am i, also tried multiple accounts. no luck.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Inter_0perative
Same here, if I try to log in from the main site (www.lifemiles.com) in any way.
If I try to do searches, the login is through apps.lifemiles.com, which works, at least some of the time.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
I just logged in without an issue.

Can also see some OZ F ICN>LAX which has been sparse lately.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
the "login" button had a javascript website coding mistake that has since been rectified.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:56 am

On which routes is LH F available? I'm not seeing anything from the east coast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.