Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
I have had great success dealing with the local Air China office here in Melbourne (by email - [email protected]) in getting them to fix issues like this...this was on US Airways issued tickets post Star Alliance exit...and I didn't even have serious MCT issues like yours. Based on my dealings with them I think they'll happily fix this for you, then get LM to reissue the ticket as 'there was a schedule change'.
Many thanks for the tips - I've e-mailed and spoken to Air China and LifeMiles and so far CA has booked us YVR-PEK the previous day connecting to our original PEK-SYD flight. I have e-mailed LM support asking them to re-issue the ticket and will follow up with a phone call in the morning if this doesn't happen overnight.

(Both CA and LM were very helpful).
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
In the wiki is written no flights on AIR INDIA, its not true, I found a lot of routings including Air India (not that I would want to book an AIR INDIA flight)
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:15 am

Edited.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: CX DM, A3 Gold
Does anyone have problem using lifemiles booking with ANA award these days? It kept direct me to "problem while processing your transaction" after I selected my flight and payment. I have sent an email to support but haven't received their feedback yet. Does any one have similar problem?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:50 am

no more

Need to spend 150k miles, and then I am out, the website is so very poor to complete a booking I wonder how much their revenue has crashed from selling miles?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
If anyone wants to write to Avianca's I.T Director regarding the "glitch"....

Claudia Arenas Bianchi
International Director
Tel: (502) 2279-5700 - (502) 2279-5600
E-Mail: [email protected]

or Lifemiles President
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/matt-vincett/18/a33/36a
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Turkish Airlines not working?

IAH-IST is available in C for eg 13 Mar but immediately you select the flight the website falls over with "a problem processing your transaction".
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Guvner067

Claudia Arenas Bianchi
International Director
Tel: (502) 2279-5700 - (502) 2279-5600
E-Mail: [email protected]

or Lifemiles President
LifeMiles IT department...

Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Guvner067

or Lifemiles President
Well the profile proudly states that he managed to "Increased sales by 342% and profits by 460% from 2010 through 2014" which is from all of us buying miles.

Okay, fair enough, while the value was reasonable that worked, but now with all the tinkering with LM (and I don't mean closing certain loopholes here) I would think the numbers will be less stellar.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by mlqsko

Good to see the upgrade was completed.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Life is what happens while you are busy looking for award space.
I like your signature!
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:12 am
KRS

Air China

Has anyone been able to book Air China lately?

Every itinerary I have tried clicking through on which involves CA gives my the "There has been an error processing your request" or similar
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by KRS
Has anyone been able to book Air China lately?

Every itinerary I have tried clicking through on which involves CA gives my the "There has been an error processing your request" or similar
Yesterday, intra China. Ticketed in less than 2 mins.

Since they had like 4-5 different flights for the day, one gave me an error. But the one I needed didn't, lucky me.

Email them a screenshot and ask that you want to book this particular flight.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Way more staff than I would have thought...
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:19 am

Okay, maybe they share the same office space with the CS agents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.