Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 hour delay - Compensation?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 5:37 am
Original Poster

12 hour delay - Compensation?

Thanks in advance for help. I have been searching the forum with no luck.

I was on a delayed flight that was scheduled to leave BOG - NYC last night. After 3 hours of waiting, they decided to cancel the flight due to a missing pilot or something, and the flight is now scheduled to leave at 11am - a full 12 hours late. What are our best options for compensation in this case? We are both traveling on business class tickets. Last night they indicated they would issue a $200 avianca voucher but this is our one and only Avianca experience and the voucher would be worthless. Are there rules for major delays on flights operating to the US with delays? What do you all recommend? We are currently at a hotel near the airport and due to head back soon.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 6:41 pm

Even if you flew AV a lot the voucher comes with a LOT of strings attached...ticket office ONLY, not in airport, not over the internet...etc... I had the same issue with an AV20 flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.