Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:23 am

------

Last edited by crimsonAA; Nov 14, 2017 at 4:56 am
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:37 am
Used to be highman123

I received my first 150 boxes from drugstore.com. UPS delivery guy was stunned

Orders show as pending now in the Lifemiles system.

With the current changes I'm feeling positive - they seem to take the route to fix the promotion but keep their promise for existing orders.

Let's see what happens.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
You know you are in for it when UPS backs into the driveway, but all my nail clippers would have fit into one box! Pretty cheaply made even for only a buck. Off to learn how to use my new Fushigi ball from Drugstore.com, the only thing I bought for myself that won't be donated!

The bummer will be those of us who will end up with less than 25000 miles from this one, might be orphaned miles......

BTW, if you have any officemax maxperks rewards, look sunday for some free after rebate deals, could get some legit orders in that way.

Judyjfla
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Who/what killed the deal?

Wouldn't it be important to do a summary of what specific actions killed this deal? Let's not blame individual members, but this seems to me a case of certain abusive behavior killing the promotion.

May be helpful to highlight the most flagrant abuse so that such behavior can be discouraged next time.

I don't believe blaming the bloggers is justified here.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:04 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by stackm
Wouldn't it be important to do a summary of what specific actions killed this deal? Let's not blame individual members, but this seems to me a case of certain abusive behavior killing the promotion.

May be helpful to highlight the most flagrant abuse so that such behavior can be discouraged next time.

Folks - this is a 'mistake' promotion from the very first day. Of course it would be fixed eventually. I wrote that the day it started. Let's be thankful they made that mistake and that it lasted so long! Let's stop the blame game...
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got quiet here - everyone must be working on their stacks of Drugstore.com boxes.

Which Cepacol lozenges are better? Warm or cool?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by highman123
Folks - this is a 'mistake' promotion from the very first day. Of course it would be fixed eventually. I wrote that the day it started. Let's be thankful they made that mistake and that it lasted so long! Let's stop the blame game...
Are you denying that the abuse (ordering tens of thousands of shampoo bottles, etc) caused it end so quickly? Would have been nice for members to have a little more time to take advantage of it in a intelligent manner.

Originally Posted by highman123
I received my first 150 boxes from drugstore.com. UPS delivery guy was stunned
I guess you are a strong proponent of the "anything goes as long as *I* benefit" policy..

Last edited by stackm; Oct 17, 2012 at 2:18 pm
Old Oct 17, 2012, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by stackm

The deal was dead as soon as it hit the boards. Your never going to be able to control that. Almost free miles have to be paid for by someone and such offers will always expand ever outwards until those losing out take note. Unless you honestly believe they intended to give me 250 miles for making purchases at .02 each. I got in on this October 1. I focused on trying to gather information by experimenting, but I don't begrudge anyone who publicized it or anyone who scripted it.

Having said that I do think there was some really irresponsible language used by some posters and bloggers. So this is my .02 if you're asking about the future. People should never be talking about these deals as a sure thing. They rarely are and there are risks. Newbs can be out 100s of dollars they don't have when people shout at them 250 miles for EACH purchase, just buy this $1 thing! and don't bother to mention a: here's who's actually running this, not the airline. b: here's what's happened in the past, often you're out of luck and only option is suing. c: we don't have any current reports of bonus miles posting d: we don't know the exact process that will trigger a reported purchase e: ask yourself how much you will actually benefit if miles post but not enough for the ticket you imagine. Bloggers don't do that right now because they're greedy and all the warning negate the perception they are communicating a deal of value. Posters are just lazy and fall into the frenzy mindset.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Yinzer
I got in on this October 1.
Since you were first in, please at least be the first to report back if your miles post.

Kudos to Petsmart. My orders delivered today were in envelopes, not boxes. Much easier on the UPS guy!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 4:32 pm

All I did was a single $1 puppy donation. Assuming the 250 LifeMiles post, what can I do with that? I suppose I can wait for LM's next promotion, but in the meantime, can I convert those 250 LM to United miles?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
All I did was a single $1 puppy donation. Assuming the 250 LifeMiles post, what can I do with that? I suppose I can wait for LM's next promotion, but in the meantime, can I convert those 250 LM to United miles?
Nope. Don't think so. The point of these programs is loyalty. If you could move the points to another airline, that wouldn't really foster any loyalty to AviancaTaca.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
LifeMiles seems to have a number of things that miles could be used on. From Magazines (all Central american) to Hotels and tickets to Disney. My several thousand miles will probably get used on a hotel stay. Not a complete loss. But, no free Biz seats to Costa Rica.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by balima
LifeMiles seems to have a number of things that miles could be used on. From Magazines (all Central american) to Hotels and tickets to Disney. My several thousand miles will probably get used on a hotel stay. Not a complete loss. But, no free Biz seats to Costa Rica.
There is a way which will allow you to get enough miles to go to Costa Rica in Biz. Look around a bit - you should be able to find it on the forums.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
There is a way which will allow you to get enough miles to go to Costa Rica in Biz. Look around a bit - you should be able to find it on the forums.
Talking about an idea requiring a lot time&patience instead of spending any money? The legimate way (credit card churn etc) would be much easier&less risky for most people...

Last edited by miikkak; Oct 17, 2012 at 6:00 pm
Old Oct 17, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Did any of you noticed that:

- many of the lower cost items at drugstore were becoming unavailable late on Monday

- some of the latest orders for small items such as toothbrush or toothpaste shipped in huge boxes (as in 25in*25in*40in) leading me to believe that drugstore was also out of small packages...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.