Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Cancelling Avianca Award Flights - Not flying is cheaper than buying miles

Cancelling Avianca Award Flights - Not flying is cheaper than buying miles

Old Aug 16, 2013, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mlqsko
I think it depends whether you call Avianca or Taca number.
I normally call +18003232323. Which one is that?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I have no idea:

http://www.taca.com/eng/cus/coff/cof...nans.asp?id=55

http://www.avianca.com/Inicio/PiedeP...oma=EN&pais=CO

Lifemiles contact us option goes to Avianca...
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
I need to ask a question to figure if I just lost 50,000 miles.

I booked two passengers from EWR-YVR on Air Canada in Business Class, and sadly I needed the ticket to be cancelled. Now they told me the miles will be back within 72 hours, but none the less those miles were never credited. I called them up again, and they said the card was declined, and since the card had to be under my name, I couldn't charge it again (there was fraudulent activity on all of my cards at the same time).

When the fraud finally cleared up, I gave them another call, and they couldn't find anything to do with my PNR. They wanted my ticket number, but I didn't really store that (now I've started), so they just told me that we can't do anything without the ticket number. I've emailed LifeMiles, but not sure what more I can do?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by aviationp
I need to ask a question to figure if I just lost 50,000 miles.

I booked two passengers from EWR-YVR on Air Canada in Business Class, and sadly I needed the ticket to be cancelled. Now they told me the miles will be back within 72 hours, but none the less those miles were never credited. I called them up again, and they said the card was declined, and since the card had to be under my name, I couldn't charge it again (there was fraudulent activity on all of my cards at the same time).

When the fraud finally cleared up, I gave them another call, and they couldn't find anything to do with my PNR. They wanted my ticket number, but I didn't really store that (now I've started), so they just told me that we can't do anything without the ticket number. I've emailed LifeMiles, but not sure what more I can do?
Did you print a copy of your itinerary from checkmytrip.com? It may be too late now, but I have always downloaded the PDF from that site, which includes the e-ticket # info. Also, you may want to try calling AC and give them your name and travel date, they may be able to help.

[email protected] has always been responsive to me as well.

Good luck!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Do you still have access to your Lifemiles account?

If yes log in, go to 'your LifeMiles' and then 'Print receipts'. There you have a List with all your transactions and can view the receipt of it.

If no... bigger problem... Maybe might be easier to find out the ticket no with the help of AC... They should be able to purge your PNR (from the past) with fligth no, date and name... good luck!

---

Just to add / explain. If the date of departure of the booking already passed, the booking can't be retreived anymore, using the PNR. But the ticket number can be opened also after the date of the flights (up to one year). Therefore TA/AV wanted your ticket no. Also TA/AV can purge your PNR using flight no, date and name (if they want)...

Last edited by Air Rarotonga; Aug 27, 2013 at 1:02 pm
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Air Rarotonga & imm2b, thanks for your help. It was really appreciated, I finally got the miles back in my account.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 1:01 am

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I know this number. This is the Delta Skymiles number
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kyunbit
I know this number. This is the Delta Skymiles number
Yeah sorry copy pasted the wrong number . I normally call +18002842622
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

A very quick call to cancel an award today. Took me only 8 minutes, and that included navigating through the menu's.
Reservation was cancelled immediately, let's see how fast the miles get returned this time :-).
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTW1
A very quick call to cancel an award today. Took me only 8 minutes, and that included navigating through the menu's.
Reservation was cancelled immediately, let's see how fast the miles get returned this time :-).
That could be a new record!
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I was really surprised too. A bit different this time since they only asked me some of the details of my credit card (last digits and expiry) instead of sending me through the whole cc payment system. Seems they now deduct the cancellation charges from your refund.

Will see if that works out, but unlike you my ticket was cancelled :-).
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems they now deduct the cancellation charges from your refund.
That's interesting.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Must have been my misunderstanding... got charged the $50 for the cancellation, even though I didn't have to go through the credit card approval proces. My miles are already credited to my account as well.

Still very surprised it only took me 8 minutes to complete the call :-).
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:01 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Must have been my misunderstanding... got charged the $50 for the cancellation, even though I didn't have to go through the credit card approval proces. My miles are already credited to my account as well.

Still very surprised it only took me 8 minutes to complete the call :-).
I believe they store your credit card information the first time you complete the process; I was asked if I wanted to use the card they had on file to settle the fee and refund. Eight minutes is still quite good -- it recently took me 15 minutes for a refund and I thought that was quick.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:13 pm

Hey guys,

If i just opened a LM account, what is the best way for me to take advantage of this?
I have 0 life miles in my account at the minute.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.