FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   TACA Business Class on LIM-MIA Route (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/1363386-taca-business-class-lim-mia-route.html)

BigRedBears Jul 5, 2012 12:43 am

TACA Business Class on LIM-MIA Route

Did anyone try TACA international business class? I suspect it's similar to US domestic F?

I'm trying to figure out an award flight from Lima to NYC on Sep 3rd. Ideally, I would prefer to take a direct LAN flight, but there is no availability. Same story for AA LIM-MIA flight.

Next best option is TACA LIM-MIA flight (and then MIA-CLT-JFK on US). Might be hard to catch zzz's if it's F-like product.

Thinking of booking LIM-MIA-CLT-JFK and then cancelling it if LAN availability opens up.

Any thoughts?

BigRedBears Jul 5, 2012 7:56 am

No one?

EmailKid Jul 5, 2012 8:02 am

It is my understanding that TACA still uses pretty much the same FC seat as they used to the last time I flew them, but that's more than 5 years ago. Equivalent to domestic US FC seat, so not much recline (though still better than coach).

EmailKid

brysal Jul 20, 2012 2:55 pm

Try Avianca?

I just booked a business class award for November from LIM to BOG to JFK on Avianca (TACA partner and now Star Alliance). Both legs are on the internationally configured A330. It was a quick phone call to UA reservations.

BigRedBears Jul 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by brysal (Post 18970807)
I just booked a business class award for November from LIM to BOG to JFK on Avianca (TACA partner and now Star Alliance). Both legs are on the internationally configured A330. It was a quick phone call to UA reservations.

Can you be more specific and provide flight numbers. I see that Avianca LIM-BOG are code shares on TACA and its A320, not A330.

BigRedBears Jul 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Never mind. I see what you are referring to now. They do have A330 flight, but there are no award seats on Sep 3.

I_Can_Fly_US_Airways Aug 21, 2012 12:05 am

Not the answer you are looking for...but isn't F (or C/J) ALWAYS better than steerage???

BigRedBears Aug 21, 2012 9:10 am

Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways (Post 19162465)
Not the answer you are looking for...but isn't F (or C/J) ALWAYS better than steerage???

You can argue that intra-Europe business class is better than economy. I will say that there is statistically negligible difference.

djjaguar64 Aug 22, 2012 6:36 am

Originally Posted by BigRedBears (Post 19164618)
You can argue that intra-Europe business class is better than economy. I will say that there is statistically negligible difference.

I have done TACA Business class, it is nothing special but much better than US airlines. Since it is a 320, you get domestic US type J seats. Food is ok, edible I mean.

Please read this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...anca-taca.html

EmailKid Aug 22, 2012 8:26 am

Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways (Post 19162465)
...but isn't F (or C/J) ALWAYS better than steerage???

You know ..... almost didn't want to take the complimentary upgrade on CO one time because I was moved to 1F with restricted legroom instead of my infinite legroom in 21F exit row. Of course someone snagged the exit row as soon as my u/g cleared so I wasn't going to move to a regular coach seat @:-)

Those seats would have been pretty much the same as Copa to keep my post OT ;)

EmailKid

BigRedBears Aug 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post 19171395)
You know ..... almost didn't want to take the complimentary upgrade on CO one time because I was moved to 1F with restricted legroom instead of my infinite legroom in 21F exit row. Of course someone snagged the exit row as soon as my u/g cleared so I wasn't going to move to a regular coach seat @:-)

Those seats would have been pretty much the same as Copa to keep my post OT ;)

EmailKid

Amen