Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2012, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dazz81
strange how it always happens for you but in several bookings for me whilst the reservation shows up in check my trip immediately, there is no ticket numbers. it takes 1 to 3 days each time.

Are you sure the e-ticket has been processed?
The ticket number is there 100%

Maybe it depends what card you pay with? In case of further checks?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by onlysuites
The ticket number is there 100%

Maybe it depends what card you pay with? In case of further checks?
who knows, but i booked something about 18 hours ago and no ticket number yet. this seems routine over the past 3 I've made. always got ticketed but it took a couple of days.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
who knows, but i booked something about 18 hours ago and no ticket number yet. this seems routine over the past 3 I've made. always got ticketed but it took a couple of days.
Actually that can't be as I paid with Visa two weeks back and Amex today and both ticketed within seconds.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Originally Posted by travelislife
I had success on the phone when the first promo was on, have posted about it a while ago. Got overnight connection and a connection of greater than 12 hrs all good on the one ticket.

By the sounds of it now I got very lucky!
Did it price correctly?
Yes. The ticket in question was MEL-BKK-BOM-JNB. MEL-BKK was available online and BKK-BOM-JNB was all bookable online but I called up and got it ticketed as a single trip MEL-JNB. I relayed the full story earlier in the thread but I am not very good at searching so couldn't find it.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I did a few miles+cash bookings within the past 18 hours and paid with Amex. All of my bookings were ticketed within a handful of minutes or faster; I checked in online within a few minutes of the bookings and the boarding passes had the ticket numbers too.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I did a few miles+cash bookings within the past 18 hours and paid with Amex. All of my bookings were ticketed within a handful of minutes or faster; I checked in online within a few minutes of the bookings and the boarding passes had the ticket numbers too.
Maybe website bookings are ticketed faster than call centre ones? Just guessing.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
mine was done on the website. when was the booking for ? Mine has been done now, that I made about 24 hours ago. It was for a booking in 8 days time. maybe it is done faster if you are booking a flight that is leaving within a short period of time.

Another thing is maybe it is done faster during daytime hours in central america? Most of my bookings made in Australia are done during our daytime and the middle of the night there. maybe there is nobody around to flick a switch at that time?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO777
Called to cancel a simple one way reservation.
Agent advised that my 50K miles (20K plus the 30K cash for miles) would be back in my account in 72 hours.
5+ days later and no sign of the miles in my account.
Anyone have similar or different recent experience with redeposited miles?
Does one have call multiple times to get to right?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: Aclub Platinum, Marriot Rewards Silver
OK, that was odd. I just called to cancel an award flight (legitimate reasons, not doing the dodgy even-cheaper-miles trick) and did not have to pay the $50 cancellation fee, but was told that when I book next flight with miles I will have to pay the $150 rebooking fee. Does anyone know if there has been a change in the T&Cs? Could it be that my flight is less than a week away, that there are different rules (I can't find anything that indicates that, but it is after 1am, so I might not be RTF-Web properly)? I hope just got someone who doesn't know the system and dodged the cancellation fee.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tolchok
OK, that was odd. I just called to cancel an award flight (legitimate reasons, not doing the dodgy even-cheaper-miles trick) and did not have to pay the $50 cancellation fee, but was told that when I book next flight with miles I will have to pay the $150 rebooking fee. Does anyone know if there has been a change in the T&Cs? Could it be that my flight is less than a week away, that there are different rules (I can't find anything that indicates that, but it is after 1am, so I might not be RTF-Web properly)? I hope just got someone who doesn't know the system and dodged the cancellation fee.
Sounds like you did not specifically request that the miles be redeposited in your account.
That would have been only a $50 charge. LM's cancellation fee is cheaper than change fee.
Of course, that assumes the miles actually get redeposited to your account.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
If not seconds
I can put a CC# on a revenue booking to ELECTRONIC MESSAGE DELIVERED in a few seconds.
(That being said the itin itself can take forever to create)
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Sounds like you did not specifically request that the miles be redeposited in your account.
That would have been only a $50 charge. LM's cancellation fee is cheaper than change fee.
Of course, that assumes the miles actually get redeposited to your account.
I did say to the person that I wanted to cancel, and when he mentioned the $150, I specifically asked "isn't the cancellation fee $50?" His reply was "No it is $150, but only charged when you rebook".

I cancelled the return flight a couple of weeks ago when I thought I could still take the trip and the points came back by the next day, but left the flight over, as I thought I could still take a slightly shorter holiday (new job, don't want to go into too much negative leave).
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:33 am

OK, I called back, apparently the booking is cancelled, points will be returned, and $150 fee is only if I use the call centre. Radtown, no $50 cancellation (though I did mention it on first call - I was/ am happy to pay it). I think they must have holiday season staff on.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by tolchok
OK, I called back, apparently the booking is cancelled, points will be returned, and $150 fee is only if I use the call centre. Radtown, no $50 cancellation (though I did mention it on first call - I was/ am happy to pay it). I think they must have holiday season staff on.
Only if you use the call centre? Didn't you do just that? Or were they referring to rebooking?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:18 pm

I'm confused. So there's no 50 dollar cancellation fee, but rather a $150 charge on your next booking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.