Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by 1k650
No, it is not 14 day out. It is for next week. Also shows on ANA, but not on LM. Are they blocking LH first?
Hm. They aren't supposed to be. Maybe worth a call to their phone centre?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:48 pm

No, it is not 14 day out. It is for next week. Also shows on ANA, but not on LM. Are they blocking LH first?
How is that possible? What routes?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 2:40 pm

Are they blocking LH first?
I checked some routes like SEA-FRA, and lifemiles website shows LH F fine. What dates and route are you looking at?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 1:27 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by echino
I checked some routes like SEA-FRA, and lifemiles website shows LH F fine. What dates and route are you looking at?
MUC-SFO on 11/25 ?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
MUC-SFO on 11/25 ?
That's simply not available right now, not a case of blocking. MUC-SFO on 11/20 is available, as KVS indicates.

If you used United to check for availability, sorry to disappoint you. There's a fair bit of business class on other days if you need to be on that nonstop.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by dre_techie
That's simply not available right now, not a case of blocking. MUC-SFO on 11/20 is available, as KVS indicates.

If you used United to check for availability, sorry to disappoint you. There's a fair bit of business class on other days if you need to be on that nonstop.
Check first class availability. That is what I was talking about - LH first....
Old Nov 18, 2012, 1:56 am

Check first class availability.
I did, AVAILABLE 11/20, not 11/25. The question is where are you checking?

Old Nov 18, 2012, 1:58 am

I did, AVAILABLE 11/20, not 11/25. The question is where are you checking?

United Airlines - shows available

Where are you checking?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 2:07 am

United Airlines - shows available

Where are you checking?
That's phantom on UA. Check using ANA award tool if it's more than 4/5 days out (they don't show closer than that to departure), or KVS within that timeframe with SP1 setting. The screenshot of 11/20 is from Lifemiles, to be exact.

I checked with ANA's site & KVS (NH method) as I've indicated in the original message. Keep in mind ANA's website will not show you that seat on 11/20, as it's too close to departure, I saw it via KVS. And when there was availability there, Lifemiles did find that seat.

Please PM me if you'd like me to lookup something else. A lot of people get instant notifications from this thread and we're slightly OT once it's been established they didn't block LH F.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 2:15 am

That's phantom on UA. Check using ANA award tool if it's more than 4/5 days out (they don't show closer than that to departure), or KVS within that timeframe with SP1 setting. The screenshot of 11/20 is from Lifemiles, to be exact.

I checked with ANA's site & KVS (NH method) as I've indicated in the original message. Keep in mind ANA's website will not show you that seat on 11/20, as it's too close to departure, I saw it via KVS. And when there was availability there, Lifemiles did find that seat.

Please PM me if you'd like me to lookup something else. A lot of people get instant notifications from this thread and we're slightly OT once it's been established they didn't block LH F.
I just checked Expertflyer. LH First is available on 11/25 MUC-SFO on Expertflyer.

It is not available on Lifemiles. Not available on ANA tool.

But it is available on UA (? phantom, as you say). I can ticket it. Just tried.

What is going on ?

Last edited by 1k650; Nov 18, 2012 at 2:26 am
Old Nov 18, 2012, 2:41 am

I just checked Expertflyer. LH First is available on 11/25 MUC-SFO on Expertflyer.

What is going on ?
I don't know then, 2 seats available through M&M, 1 on EF which mirrors UA's availability and none through ANA or Lifemiles. You need someone more experienced to help.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 2:43 am

I don't know then, 2 seats available through M&M, 1 on EF which mirrors UA's availability and none through ANA or Lifemiles. You need someone more experienced to help.
Agreed - let's see if someone can solve this mystery. Perhaps Expertflyer experts?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)

What is going on ?
when you say you can ticket it... did you complete the booking and get through to the payment stage? I thought I read that it trips you up at the last hurdle?

If not - go for it on UA!
Old Nov 18, 2012, 3:04 am

ANA is 100% reliable. You're booking on UA.com will either stall, or show 'this segment is waitlisted'
Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
What is going on ?
Don't necessarily see anything usual here. ANA says no and LM says no. That fact the EF shows available is irrelevant as those avails are likely for M&M members only, and not for *A partners. Agree with others on the accuracy of ANA. And UA is UA. When you say you can ticket on UA, how far in the process did you get? Did you actually ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.