Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
That's because if you had the most wonderful bed available to take you to your destination staffed by angry gremlins serving you supermarket food, you'd probably question the wisdom of being there.

Nice - should be a great flight
'Do Not Disturb me' at the beginning is all it takes.
They are more than happy to oblige.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
'Do Not Disturb me' at the beginning is all it takes.
They are more than happy to oblige.
ROFL.

- "Please do nothing to serve me."
- "You're preaching to the choir buddy. I'll ignore you till the end of the flight. Woohoo!"
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
ROFL.

- "Please do nothing to serve me."
- "You're preaching to the choir buddy. I'll ignore you till the end of the flight. Woohoo!"
UA FAs tend not to work too much anyhow (talking seems to be common among them.)
Old Apr 16, 2013, 2:16 am

My first redemption Hopped on SQ (A388 r/t), booking went through without any issues, waiting for ticketing. Definitely not instant.

Last edited by mlqsko; Apr 16, 2013 at 2:25 am
Old Apr 16, 2013, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by heramato
Really??
Thats very good for the rest of us in terms of availability!
Offers the best seat from to USA after SQ. IMHO. I really don't like the LX seat as its too cramped for me. LH seat is 10 years behind, AC is decent but I prefer direct flights and UA offers me direct options from UK to various USA cities.

Believe it or not I love the food on UA. Americans know how to cook their Beef. ^^
Old Apr 16, 2013, 5:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Offers the best seat from to USA after SQ. IMHO. I really don't like the LX seat as its too cramped for me. LH seat is 10 years behind, AC is decent but I prefer direct flights and UA offers me direct options from UK to various USA cities.

Believe it or not I love the food on UA. Americans know how to cook their Beef. ^^
None of what you just wrote jives with your username.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan
What is so special about J on SQ's 388 ? From the looks of it and also confirmed by reports I've read on here, the seat doesn't seem very comfortable. It seems too wide and not well padded, looks like a fancy bench to me. If you have legitimate reasons or real plans to visit somewhere that happens to be served by SQ, it's nice to be able to fly J with them. But I don't understand why many people are so excited that they buy miles to get the deal just to try/experience SQ J. The miles aren't free and you might need positioning flight depending where you are.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:21 am

Exclusivity... you can't get it so everyone wants it, even if it's not as good as it seems.

Conversely, sometimes I think the over-availability of TG space leads to people getting perception that the product is poorer than it actually is.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by choupeo
What is so special about J on SQ's 388 ? From the looks of it and also confirmed by reports I've read on here, the seat doesn't seem very comfortable. It seems too wide and not well padded, looks like a fancy bench to me. If you have legitimate reasons or real plans to visit somewhere that happens to be served by SQ, it's nice to be able to fly J with them. But I don't understand why many people are so excited that they buy miles to get the deal just to try/experience SQ J. The miles aren't free and you might need positioning flight depending where you are.
I think it's about the "allure of the forbidden". Same issue with SQ Suites and Swiss F. Those who succeed feel like they've reached the holy grail.

The difference between the non-accessibility of SQ J versus AF F (using DL skypesos) is that SQ is actually aspirational, while AF is very "meh."
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Snowball is rolling;

http://milevalue.com/the-way-to-get-...el-surcharges/

Get your SQ C tickets quickly. If we are lucky it could last, at list a bit.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by travelkid
Snowball is rolling;

http://milevalue.com/the-way-to-get-...el-surcharges/

Get your SQ C tickets quickly. If we are lucky it could last, at list a bit.
well you wouldn't want to be relying on that blog - it's weeks out of date now on reporting the availability and if it had been withdrawn quickly then you'd have missed out.

not a good advertisement for the blog itself. much better going for someone reliable.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Exclusivity... you can't get it so everyone wants it, even if it's not as good as it seems.

Conversely, sometimes I think the over-availability of TG space leads to people getting perception that the product is poorer than it actually is.

There was a moment in time that I was getting too used to SQ's service but then I did TG F once and it made me completely appreciate SQ F again.

I'll probably like to do TG once more just to try the 380 but otherwise there are many better carriers out there. CX LX LH EK just to name a few.

It sucks that LM is getting so much attention. Fingers crossed there won't be any more devaluations. But I'm guessing the price of miles will probably go up this year.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
None of what you just wrote jives with your username.

Originally Posted by choupeo
What is so special about J on SQ's 388 ? .
Service, Service and Service. ^
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:00 pm

So much hype and exaggeration. How many people ACTUALLY HAVE TICKETED FARES now using the latest promo for these J fares on EWR-SIN or others like LAX-SIN or SFO-SIN? Let's hear about some concrete examples please...I still don't think that Canadian Jeff ever actually booked a flight yet! So, I'm getting the feeling that this is all like the original Woodstock...everyone of that generation was at Woodstock, but in reality only about 500,000 people were ever actually there!

Last edited by sp4294; Apr 16, 2013 at 9:09 pm
Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Can someone please get me up to speed. I am a oneworld flyer and new to Star and LM. What is so special about SQ J? Even the pointsguy trip report was a little blah for the NYC-SIN.

I am sure J is good on SQ, but I would much rather fly F.

However, what would be exciting is if you could fly SQ F on the a380 on say NRT-SIN. Not sure if it is possible to use lifemiles to book SQ F? However a quick look on Expertflyer and it does not look like there is any SQ F availability on the NRT-SIN so even if you could use LM for SQ F not sure if there is much available anyhow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.