Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Flyasiana - Worst Airline Website in the World?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyasiana - Worst Airline Website in the World?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
I was really surprised when I booked a trip to Korea with my OZ miles + US credit card - no problem whatsoever on the OZ site (for a change). I usually book OZ flights online with 3rd party sites like travelocity.
Nanda Chai likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: Diamond Asiana Cub // FF Miles&More // Diamond HHonors
Strange website...
2 experiences 2 different results :
Friday night: try to book 2 roundtrip (1 for me one for wife & daughter with same start dates but different returns...) --> Impossible to book neither on Firefox/Crrome/ or using my wife Macbook with Safari. All the times rejected at the payment page with one main issue... each time the seats were still counted and rates moved up as promo ran out of inventory even with payement not made...

Saturday, (wife) called to call center in Korea (the one in Paris and Frankfurt are closed on Week Ends) and answer is, sorry you do not depart from korea we cant help you.... (however the could see a trace of my requests as i had my Asiana details entered when inquiring)...

Sunday night....gave a last try before calling the European call centers the flowing morning... used firefox and ... could book all using my french credit card without installing any device just having the usual SMS from the bank to authorize payement... all worked like what you should expect from a global company !

I am really still not understanding what is wrong with this website that some days would not let you book and some others would. (But at least summer trip back is now confirmed and rate did not massively increase !!)
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Nanda Chai
Had the wife call down there after the first day, they did offer the bank xfer method. I tend to keep the Thai bank funds fenced off for onshore use, and I just did my annual extension last week so that put the Immigration "show money" account out of bounds for a while as well. . I go for the credit card rewards, so it worked out in the end with Expedia. Thanks, cheers, NC.
Originally Posted by 1984SW
If you decide to try booking OZ via their web site again, call the Bangkok office and see if you can bank-transfer the money to them. In another thread, @Tookay said they had offered that as an option. The only time I tried to use a US credit card to book via the OZ web site, I had the same issues as everybody else above but the Bangkok office never mentioned the bank transfer method. I ended up buying my ticket on Expedia, too.
After a week of trying and communicating with the BKK office and Asiana's "Voice of Customer" rep without success, I finally gave up on trying to use a credit card and booked with NH instead, albeit at a higher fare than OZ offered for the same itinerary. I am still baffled with OZ's credit card practice.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:03 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by tookay
After a week of trying and communicating with the BKK office and Asiana's "Voice of Customer" rep without success, I finally gave up on trying to use a credit card and booked with NH instead, albeit at a higher fare than OZ offered for the same itinerary.
That was going to be my Plan C, if for some reason expedia.com didn't work out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.