Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana Earnings Table by Booking Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: truncated
First Suite
P 200%

First
F,A 150%
O 0%

Business Smartium
J 135%

Business
C,D,Z 125%
U 100%
I,R 0%

Travel
Y,B,M,H,E,Q,K,S 100%
G(Group Discount Tickets) 80%
V,W 70%
T 50%
L,X,N 0%
Print Wikipost

Asiana Earnings Table by Booking Class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zeer0
Except they do. The chart is wrong. (I know from first hand experience)
I believe the intention is that they should not however they either have not or cannot program that into the system so they just decided to award qualifying miles as well for N fares. I'm moderately surprised they didn't just make them non-earning.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:57 am

Except they do. The chart is wrong. (I know from first hand experience)
That's interesting to hear, I've tried to book away from these fares but this makes them (somewhat) more appealing if the price difference between regular and basic economy is large
zeer0 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Looks like SQ R was removed from the Asiana Club earning chart for now. For context, SQ R was Suites/First, but recently became Premium Economy Lite. Other airlines have also adjusted earning for SQ R starting September 1st, 2018.

Edit: Earnings updated for SQ R to earn 100% now. SQ P will go from 110% to 100% starting with Dec 1st 2018

Last edited by dre_techie; Jan 10, 2019 at 11:53 am Reason: updated chart posted
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:09 pm

Deleted
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:14 am

For those who fly ZH (Shenzhen Airlines): I just noticed that since October 28, 2018 earnings have gone up for some fare classes:

Applied as of 2018.10.28
-J,Z R: 50% → 125%
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:18 am

Also one positive change for Copa which hasn't been reported yet I believe:
Applied as of 2018.9.14
  • - R : 0% →125%
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:42 pm

Some pretty bad changes for SAS earnings since Jan 1, 2019:
  • * SAS GO Light: Mileage Earning Not Available
  • * SAS GO: O, T 50% → 0%
Tickets booked in Go Light (cheapest Economy fare band) now earn nothing, irrespective of booking class . This seems to be the first airline for which earnings in Asiana Club are not only determined by booking class but also by fare type purchased. I believe AC and TP have a similar structure for earnings in other Star programs so I'm wondering whether those charts will be updated as well.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KL714
Some pretty bad changes for SAS earnings since Jan 1, 2019:
  • * SAS GO Light: Mileage Earning Not Available
  • * SAS GO: O, T 50% → 0%
Tickets booked in Go Light (cheapest Economy fare band) now earn nothing, irrespective of booking class :tdDa:. This seems to be the first airline for which earnings in Asiana Club are not only determined by booking class but also by fare type purchased. I believe AC and TP have a similar structure for earnings in other Star programs so I'm wondering whether those charts will be updated as well.
Dammit. I don't really care about the SAS GO Light change (that fare type became useless when they took away *G baggage) but to see O fares go to 0% is brutal for me. Many of SAS's discount fares book into O.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:24 am

Dammit. I don't really care about the SAS GO Light change (that fare type became useless when they took away *G baggage) but to see O fares go to 0% is brutal for me. Many of SAS's discount fares book into O.
Yeah, looking back at my previous flights on SAS I realized that about two thirds of my flights on them were either in O or T class so this definitely sucks. Next to buying up to a regular Go fare this also means buying into a higher fare bucket in order to earn miles, at which point SAS is probably no longer an attractive option for me.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yeah, looking back at my previous flights on SAS I realized that about two thirds of my flights on them were either in O or T class so this definitely sucks. Next to buying up to a regular Go fare this also means buying into a higher fare bucket in order to earn miles, at which point SAS is probably no longer an attractive option for me.
For me this basically reduces my options to Europe to UA and AC. All the European airlines credit terribly now.
KL714 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:25 am

Yes, same for me (but then other way around being based in Europe). And I'm not even too sure about AC anymore since it appears they don't credit according to fare bucket but to fare band purchased in some other programs like A3. Not sure if this is now also the case on OZ..
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:30 am

Yes, same for me (but then other way around being based in Europe). And I'm not even too sure about AC anymore since it appears they don't credit according to fare bucket but to fare band purchased in some other programs like A3. Not sure if this is now also the case on OZ..
OZ still shows as crediting by fare code, though credit within Canada flights is worse.
I actually have an AC flight coming up in the new Basic fare band. Will let you know how it credits.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:15 am

OZ still shows as crediting by fare code, though credit within Canada flights is worse.
I actually have an AC flight coming up in the new Basic fare band. Will let you know how it credits.
That'd be very helpful, thanks! ^
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
OZ still credits by fare class not fare band (at least for now), just make sure your class is listed otherwise you get zero miles. If they change the table and you can prove you bought the ticket before the day that the earnings table changes you might be able to get the higher earning rate if you ask OZ nicely. I got lucky when the UA chart changed a week before my flight and OZ gave me full credit on a TRANSLANT that I had bought about 6 months before. Of course that might be because I had D+ status along with the earning changing only on my return instead of both ways.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:12 am

That'd be very helpful, thanks! ^
My AC basic ticket in fare code A credited as 50%
KL714 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.