Minimum Connection Time Incheon

Old Nov 20, 13, 2:43 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite
Originally Posted by beachfan View Post
How about 1:10 from OZ F to OZ Regional Business? Will my bags make it? (itinerary is LAX-INC-HAN
If your LAX flight is anywhere close to on-time, you should be fine.
Old Jan 2, 14, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
70 minute connection, HKG-ICN-SEA?

The ontime stats scare me, though there is a nonzero chance I will be on the same A333 for both flights. I would guess that if I should miss the connection due to delays OZ will protect me on an ICN-LAX flight later that evening and use UA for the rest of my way home? No *A status (this is a US award).
Old Jan 2, 14, 9:28 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
Assuming all on one ticket that should be fine.

All you have to do is clear security and up one level to departures. Queues are not long in my experience.
Old Jan 3, 14, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Yes, on one US award ticket. I have a separate UA ticket for this trip (SEA NRT (stop) HKG (US)// HKG SIN (23 h connection) BKK (stop) CNX(stop) HKG (UA)//HKG ICN SEA US) but that has 2 day HKG layovers surrounding it on each side. Blew my UA and US miles for a 2 week tour of SE Asia...

I wouldn't do a 70 minute connect on separate tickets unless it was the same carrier, and maybe not even then... Asking for trouble. As long as OZ gets me home if hints go pear-shaped it's all good, I have a day buffer before needing to be back at work, even.
Old Sep 26, 16, 4:28 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
I've got a one-way award flight booked through AC going ALA-ICN-NGO on OZ578 then OZ122. That's a 55m connection at ICN.

Old Sep 26, 16, 7:36 pm

OZ to OZ connections are MCT of 45 mins.
Old Sep 10, 19, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver. CLEAR
I have a potential itinerary TPE-ICN-SFO next April with only 50 minutes connection, OZ to OZ. I know MCT is 45 minutes, but still sounds risky. Any comments?
Old Sep 17, 19, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by PanAmWT View Post
I have a potential itinerary TPE-ICN-SFO next April with only 50 minutes connection, OZ to OZ. I know MCT is 45 minutes, but still sounds risky. Any comments?
You should be okay as long as your flight in from TPE arrives on time. I've connected onto the ICN-SFO flight (OZ212) before, I got the impression that they're not in a huge rush to leave on time since the aircraft sits at SFO for 9 hours before its return to ICN.

If you're really nervous though I suppose you could always ask for someone to meet you at the gate but it's not necessary. IME security will take like 5 minutes.
Old Sep 17, 19, 8:32 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club, JL Mileage Bank
As with Korean Air - they will meet you at the gate to rush you to your connection. You can also show your next flight to the flight attendant - if there's space, rumor has it they might even move you up to business class for landing only so you can get off quickly. Many people make these kinds of connections every day, it's one main way they make their money. Also, if you're worried - at transit security - show your next flight info to the staff - they'll let you skip the line.

Search this Thread