Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana Business flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2006, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Asiana Business flights

Any experience for Asiana flights in business class?

Booked an award ticket for my sister. Outbound is UA but return the agent can only find Asiana for her. The flights are from TPE -> ICN -> JFK in September. TPE -> ICN is OZ#712 with Boeing 767, ICN -> JFS is OZ#222 with Boeing 747.

Have never taken the Asiana flights before and can't find seatmap information under seatguru. Want to make sure she can be comfortable for such a long flight so appreciate any information for the flights and lounge.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:30 pm

767s are guaranteed to be crap. 747 may be halfway decent or crappy, depending on which model you get. Do a search, this gets discussed a lot -- here's a OZ 747 & 777 report from last week and a OZ 767 report from two years ago (AFAIK the planes haven't changed).
Old Jun 19, 2006, 1:08 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by jpatokal
767s are guaranteed to be crap. 747 may be halfway decent or crappy, depending on which model you get. Do a search, this gets discussed a lot -- here's a OZ 747 & 777 report from last week and a OZ 767 report from two years ago (AFAIK the planes haven't changed).

All Asiana 744s are also guaranteed craps. 772 is the one may be halfway decent or crappy. Have been on business class of both 744 and 763 of Asiana, I don't think she would have a comfortable flight on either aircraft. Go for another carrier.

Last edited by N227UA; Jun 19, 2006 at 1:21 am
Old Jun 19, 2006, 1:53 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by N227UA
All Asiana 744s are also guaranteed craps. 772 is the one may be halfway decent or crappy. Have been on business class of both 744 and 763 of Asiana, I don't think she would have a comfortable flight on either aircraft. Go for another carrier.
I flew the 777 from SYD-ICN in May this year and found it to be very good for the price. It's old style cradle seats, but still very comfortable. Can;t comment on the 744 Biz class as we got upgraded to F. The service on Asiana is also excellent.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 6:29 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Seats on OZ 767's will be like UA domestic first seats; service and food will be better than domestic. Seats on 747's are "old" style cradle seats, I believe pitch is about 50" (compared to UA C with 55".) IMO, while seating on the 747 is not as good as UA or SQ, it will beat the heck out of economy.

Returning from TPE, I would guess your options are limited to UA, NH and OZ. (Possibly could go SQ or TG will signigicant back tracking and a very creative UA awards agent.) For long haul, OZ would be my last choice of the three, but I would not go crazy over it.

OZ website has seatmaps buried in it somewhere, can also check seatexpert.com .
Old Jun 19, 2006, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by wendySFO

Have never taken the Asiana flights before and can't find seatmap information under seatguru. Want to make sure she can be comfortable for such a long flight so appreciate any information for the flights and lounge.
You know seatguru is not everything, ever think about to find it in Asiana's own website ?

http://us.flyasiana.com/travelplanne...ht_seatmap.asp

Also there had been tons of thread about asiana's business in this forum, don't be lazy, do a search, most of the discussions are within a few months.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 4:42 pm

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
I've flown in business on the 747 several times. The seats are old-fashioned to say the least, but not noticeably less spacious than United's. The service, however, is impeccable and the food is delicious. IFE leaves a lot to be desired and the food at the ICN lounge could be improved.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Thanks to all for your help!

My bad that I should have done a search first, first time in this group, glad I found the right place. Thanks for the pointers and will read through and see if need more information.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by N227UA
All Asiana 744s are also guaranteed craps.
No, they aren't. The one I flew for BKK-ICN was old, but had fully reclining seats in J, and I gather from FT and my travel agent that this is a regular occurence.

772 is the one may be halfway decent or crappy. Have been on business class of both 744 and 763 of Asiana, I don't think she would have a comfortable flight on either aircraft. Go for another carrier.
As long as it's not UA
Old Jun 22, 2006, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by wendySFO

Booked an award ticket for my sister. Outbound is UA but return the agent can only find Asiana for her. The flights are from TPE -> ICN -> JFK in September. TPE -> ICN is OZ#712 with Boeing 767, ICN -> JFS is OZ#222 with Boeing 747.

Other than on the A330 and some recently reconfigured B772 aircraft, Asiana has terrible Business Class seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.