Wiki Posts
Search

JFK ICN cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2023, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
JFK ICN cancelled

Apparently, an issue in T1 JFK is making all flights cancelled. My partner is flying out tomorrow and her flight is cancelled on Google but she has not received any notification from Asiana yet. When trying to call the US office, it's rejecting the call because the lines are too busy.

Does anyone has a thought on what to do?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 10:45 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by Gasolin
Apparently, an issue in T1 JFK is making all flights cancelled. My partner is flying out tomorrow and her flight is cancelled on Google but she has not received any notification from Asiana yet. When trying to call the US office, it's rejecting the call because the lines are too busy.

Does the Korean line have an English option?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
Does the Korean line have an English option?
Yes but they are closed until 8am KST.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 11:05 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Yes but they are closed until 8am KST.
Maybe try the UK number? Just trying to provide options.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 11:13 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Google is not authoritative for flight status. You should be checking the airline site directly.

FEB 17 is cancelled but FEB 18 does not appear to be cancelled. it's delayed by 12 hours.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seawolf
Google is not authoritative for flight status. You should be checking the airline site directly.

FEB 17 is cancelled but FEB 18 does not appear to be cancelled. it's delayed by 12 hours.
Where did you see that?

Edit: Oh I just saw it here. Ok, that's interesting.

https://flyasiana.com/I/US/EN/Defaul...Search.do#none

Edit2: Called OZ and they say even the website is not trustworthy and they will know around 5pm today if the flight is cancelled. Biggest issue is the fact that she is in J and getting her rebooked is complicated due to lack of seats.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by Gasolin; Feb 17, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Old Feb 20, 2023, 5:26 am
Original Poster

So she managed to leave around 00:30am on 2/19. Only for that day, they delayed the flight to match the initial 2nd late night slot they were not using. The airport was a mess with everyone wondering how to get home.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 9:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
So she managed to leave around 00:30am on 2/19. Only for that day, they delayed the flight to match the initial 2nd late night slot they were not using. The airport was a mess with everyone wondering how to get home.
Don't know which is worst. Stuck for almost 2 extra days in NYC or wasting 16 hours on a plane. NZ AKL-JFK flight diverted back to AKL due to this T1 fire.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/a...jfk/index.html
Old Feb 22, 2023, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seawolf
Don't know which is worst. Stuck for almost 2 extra days in NYC or wasting 16 hours on a plane. NZ AKL-JFK flight diverted back to AKL due to this T1 fire.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/a...jfk/index.html
I think it's still better to be somewhere on the ground, even if it's no fun to be stuck in NYC if you were visiting. Being in the air and going back is simply the worst because you don't even know if you can get a seat and when. If you were visiting AKL, that's just a terrible moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.