Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Star Gold benefits on codeshare flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2022, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond / Star Alliance Gold

Hello, I just booked HKG - ICN on a codeshare flight (OZ flight number but HK Airlines is the actual operating airline). Would I still entitle to my Diamond (Star Gold) benefits like baggage allowance, lounge, priority baggage handling etc? Thank you.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:31 pm

Nope you get nada. Unlike OW, *A is all about who's metal you are on. Unless there is a JV that allows for bi-lateral status recognition in place (e.g. NZ and CX). Unfortunately OZ and HX haven't got one.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I can at least earn miles right? OZ9294 (Q class)
Old Sep 28, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by flyingkid
Thanks. I can at least earn miles right? OZ9294 (Q class)
*A earning is also metal based.

Whichever *A program you are looking to earn with would have to have a special arrangement with HX.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by supine
*A earning is also metal based.

Whichever *A program you are looking to earn with would have to have a special arrangement with HX.
Bang on. So in your case OP, according to the OZ site you seem to be able to get miles for OZ-coded, HX-operated flights. But only award miles not tier miles.

Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Quick update: just completed the flight - no mileage. Emailed Asiana to confirm no mileage as it was operated on a non Star metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.