Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

So Frustrating [can't reach Asiana by phone]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone reached Asiana by telephone within the last 2 weeks ? I have easily tried over 100 times to reach anyone in Asiana. All I get from a recorded line we are busy, call back later. I have sent two emails which they replied, Sorry for your inconvenience we are experiencing a high level of calls.

I am just looking for some kind of sign to keep trying. Hoping someone has been successful to keep me going. I am ready to throw in the towel. ( I want to inquire if I am able to use my Asiana miles to upgrade a United flight)
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
What do you mean by using OZ miles to upgrade an UA flight? You can try to book a UA flight with OZ miles, in economy or business.

But I do not think you can upgrade with OZ miles a UA ticket bought on UA, that would be unheard of.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

I guess I am way out of my league with these air miles. The more I research, the more confused I get . Thanks for your response
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:23 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
I've never tried to upgrade a UA economy flight, but the Asiana website indicates you need Y or B in order to upgrade. Considering most Y or B tickets are more expensive than P or Z, I suspect you don't have the proper fare class to upgrade anyways.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:25 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
also, why don't you just try on the star alliance upgrade tool available on the Asiana website???
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by sol95
also, why don't you just try on the star alliance upgrade tool available on the Asiana website???
Can you do that even if you bought the ticket directly with UA in this case?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: UA
Have you looked at Upgrade Awards? The criteria for eligibility are stated very clearly. You can upgrade if you're booked in Y or B, and it needs to be at least 3 days in advance. It is also subject to inventory on the flight; the upgrade is far from guaranteed.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: UA
Also I should add, phone agents are unable to actually do the upgrade. It needs to be done via the online portal.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Gasolin
Unsure about UA, but have done it for SQ
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:45 am

What do you mean by using OZ miles to upgrade an UA flight? You can try to book a UA flight with OZ miles, in economy or business.

But I do not think you can upgrade with OZ miles a UA ticket bought on UA, that would be unheard of.
You can upgrade UA or other *A flights with OZ miles provided they're cash tickets in the right fare classes (Y or B - might as well buy discounted Business/First outright). Availability is slim to none though.

The *A upgrade redemption option IIRC is only live on the Korean website (set your location to Korea - English).
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Have done it with OZ miles on an NH ticket as well
SPN Lifer and Gasolin like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by stupidhead
You can upgrade UA or other *A flights with OZ miles provided they're cash tickets in the right fare classes (Y or B - might as well buy discounted Business/First outright). Availability is slim to none though.

The *A upgrade redemption option IIRC is only live on the Korean website (set your location to Korea - English).
That used to be the case, but when I looked yesterday, it was available in my Australia-English site.

https://flyasiana.com/C/AU/EN/conten...e-seat-upgrade

click the red button labelled "Go to upgrade award"
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for all the responses. After 2 1/2 hours last night I finally spoke to a live person in Korea. Although there was a language barrier I was able to go to book two economy tickets for United airlines for miles. The agent said there was no business available using miles. Me and the wife have close to 200,000 miles in each of our accounts that expire at the end of the year, this is our first attempt to try to use miles for a flight.
SPN Lifer and Gasolin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.