Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Booking flight for family members through Asiana

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 5:09 am
Original Poster

I’m booking a flight for my parents and brother mnl-Yyz through Asiana using my credit card. I am located in Canada and obviously they will not have the credit card used for booking and name will not match any of the travellers. On Asiana airlines it states that if the traveller’s name differ on the credit card used they may be asked at the airport to confirm whether they have the card and if they failed to confirm they may be denied boarding. Any tips or advice on this? Kinda avoiding booking through OTA as I heard lots of bad reviews and they seems way more expensive.
Old May 8, 2022, 9:49 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
You can contact the US service centers or even local offices and they can give you a form by email to sign and scan/fax over the copy of the card front and back. Yes, it's a real thing that happens often over here (I've done this for many Asian airlines, not just Asiana), even though it's def weird in the US.
Old May 12, 2022, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
You can contact the US service centers or even local offices and they can give you a form by email to sign and scan/fax over the copy of the card front and back. Yes, it's a real thing that happens often over here (I've done this for many Asian airlines, not just Asiana), even though it's def weird in the US.
Thank you! I called them and they told me to just provide a copy of my credit card and ID to the travellers. I asked them about the form and they said it’s not necessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.