Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

How to get a refund & contact customer service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier, Hilton Diamond

Hoping more frequent Asiana users can help me out here: I'm trying to get ahold of Asiana but call volume at the 800-227-4262 number is too high and it hangs up on me, imploring me to call later. Direct dials to the Korea yesterday evening (Monday morning Korea time) hang up after 15 very expensive minutes on my cell phone plan. Any thoughts on how to get ahold of Asiana? The story:

My colleague and I were booked on IAH-SEA-ICN for flights last Friday. We'd done the Covid test, QR code BUT did not know we needed to do a K-ETA. We discovered this through a friend who was also traveling LAX-ICN and was denied boarding as the did not have the K-ETA. United, which did our IAH-SEA flight, had no indication on this in the travel ready center, and we were 10 minutes from boarding. We did not board, as we didn't want to get stranded in SEA.

We cancelled the trip which was only a week long and would have been useless to reduce to 3-4 days. We may reschedule into July. In the meantime, I should be able to get a refund per the fare rules, but it requires me to call in; I can't do it online. Yet no one picks up.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

And yes, I feel like a right idiot for not knowing about the K-ETA.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:28 am

The USA Asiana Club email address is [email protected]. They are fairly responsive, but I am not sure if they will be able to process your request. Just be sure to give them as many details as you can and explain your difficulty in contacting them via phone.
bizum likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier, Hilton Diamond
Thank you for the response - I wound up posting a "complaint" on the Asiana website, which was responded to today. It's actually very good response time. They waived the no-show fee, and appear that they will only charge the understandable refund fee.

I also was able to finally get through to the US 800 number. I called 8 times with the same "We're busy" response & hang-up, but then got through this afternoon. So perhaps recommend trying in the early afternoon if anyone else finds themselves in the same position. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.