Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

What happens if I don't ticket an award change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GLD; AA GLD; CO GLD

Background: Booked *A award using OZ miles (NH) online through the Korean website (XXX-HND-JFK). Called Korean service center the other day to add domestic US flight (UA) to the reservation, LGA-YYY. Because i dont have a Korean credit card, I was told to call the US service center and pay for the award change fees and extra taxes (approx $36) to reticket the award. According to the agent, if I didnt do this within 48 hours, my new flights (LGA-YYY) would be cancelled, but my original reservation would stay intact.

Now, i've decided I don't actually want to change my award, and I like it as is-- XXX-HND-JFK. I am unable to reach the Korean service center (and the US one is currently closed). The question: what happens if I just don't call and ticket the award change? Was the phone agent correct that the original reservation/ticket stays intact? Anyone have any experience with this situation?

(The NH website is showing the LGA-YYY sector as part of the reservation, and I havent been able to reach them by phone to confirm the ticket is still intact on their end).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.