Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Overnight Connection at ICN Possible

Old Jan 24, 22, 3:18 am
Original Poster

I am looking at flight options to go back to Taiwan after New Year. All LHR - TPE options involve overnight stopover at ICN. Is it possible to connect (overnight) at ICN? Does OZ provides transit hotel for that purpose or we have to stay overnight in the departure concorse?

Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 22, 4:27 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by LMYRMQ622003250 View Post
I am looking at flight options to go back to Taiwan after New Year. All LHR - TPE options involve overnight stopover at ICN. Is it possible to connect (overnight) at ICN? Does OZ provides transit hotel for that purpose or we have to stay overnight in the departure concorse?

Thanks.
Yes, you can connect overnight but OZ is not going to provide a transit hotel. You'll have to stay airside overnight unless you qualify to enter the country without having to quarantine. Things might change by next year unless you're talking about this lunar new year. But there are a few places that should be comfortable enough to rest for a few hours.
Old Jan 25, 22, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ICN1K View Post
Yes, you can connect overnight but OZ is not going to provide a transit hotel. You'll have to stay airside overnight unless you qualify to enter the country without having to quarantine. Things might change by next year unless you're talking about this lunar new year. But there are a few places that should be comfortable enough to rest for a few hours.
Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I was talking about Asian New Year. Is there an air-side transit hotel at Incheon such as those in Singapore or Istanbul or Doha?
Old Jan 25, 22, 5:37 am

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I was talking about Asian New Year. Is there an air-side transit hotel at Incheon such as those in Singapore or Istanbul or Doha?
I don't recall there being any in terminal 1 the last time I was there a couple of months ago. How long is the layover? I thought there were some lounge chairs and quiet areas on the second level near the 100's gates.
Old Jan 25, 22, 9:02 am
Original Poster

I don't recall there being any in terminal 1 the last time I was there a couple of months ago. How long is the layover? I thought there were some lounge chairs and quiet areas on the second level near the 100's gates.
It is at least from Noon till 9 am the next morning.
Old Jan 25, 22, 12:02 pm

Is there an air-side transit hotel at Incheon such as those in Singapore or Istanbul or Doha?
I don't know about today's COVID times, but yes, there is one (with several locations in the airport).

https://www.walkerhill.com/transithotel/en/

Edit: Oh, I see they're closed during the pandemic. (T1) T2 doesn't explicitly say closed, but they do say the kitchen closes early

I've used it in the past. (4am arrival, 10pm departure)
Old Jan 25, 22, 6:15 pm

It is at least from Noon till 9 am the next morning.
Ouch. That's gonna be a tough layover if you have to stay in the departure area the whole time. Are there no other routings? Is this a miles ticket with Asiana? It sucks that they're not that many options.
Old Jan 26, 22, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I've stayed at the transit hotel, but again no idea if open during COVID.

Apparently ICN is one of the world's best airports for overnight sleeping in the departure lounge... It's so big that you can find a quiet corner if necessary...
SPN Lifer and ICN1K like this.
Old Jan 28, 22, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Ouch. That's gonna be a tough layover if you have to stay in the departure area the whole time. Are there no other routings? Is this a miles ticket with Asiana? It sucks that they're not that many options.
No, I am looking to book a new ticket but there is not a whole lot of options to go to Taipei right now. Taiwanese airlines only operates once per week or even less. I am not sure I can board with a BNO passport via the Middle East other than Istanbul. Let me think about it. Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 22, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
I've stayed at the transit hotel, but again no idea if open during COVID.

Apparently ICN is one of the world's best airports for overnight sleeping in the departure lounge... It's so big that you can find a quiet corner if necessary...
The thing is that staying in a public area the whole day does not feel very safe, although I may be overeacting. However, Taiwanese are known to be witch hunting those people who got the disease. I do not want a bunch of people protesting outside my home or my office after getting back.
Old May 20, 22, 2:13 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RandomNobody View Post

Edit: Oh, I see they're closed during the pandemic. (T1) T2 doesn't explicitly say closed
For a data point, hotel was open on 19MAY22; lounge was closed.
Old May 20, 22, 10:19 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by RandomNobody View Post
I don't know about today's COVID times, but yes, there is one (with several locations in the airport).

Edit: Oh, I see they're closed during the pandemic. (T1) T2 doesn't explicitly say closed, but they do say the kitchen closes early

I've used it in the past. (4am arrival, 10pm departure)
The hotel is not closed. If you read the pop up, they're only referring to SOME of the LOUNGES.

Search this Thread