Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana Business Suite Award Booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2020, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

Last year, Asiana announced they would be replacing First with a Business Suite class. I am trying to book a First Class award (or this new Business Suite) from LAX -> ICN, and confused because I am seeing the following:

1. Only business class options when buying via Lifemiles on the outbound flight, but first as an option on the return flight
2. No option to book First via United, only business
3. No option to book first via cash through google flights

Does anyone know what booking business actually is for these flights (A380)? How can I be sure I am booking the business suite class?
Old Oct 27, 2020, 7:36 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
It looks like the A380 isn't flying (at least to the US) right now. Everything to the US is an A350 and they don't have the Business Suites. I seriously doubt that OZ will fly the A380s until the middle of 2021 at the earliest.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

This is for sep 2021, so next year
Old Nov 5, 2020, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

I called Asiana today and they said cannot book new Business Premium with miles, only full fare business. Very strange
Old Nov 5, 2020, 6:06 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
It might be a couple of things:

1) First Class awards (Business Suites predecessor) were always very rare and very expensive (miles wise). There's only 12 seats up there so OZ would rather get the cash. than give it away.
2) The A380 isn't coming back very soon (if at all)

Right before COVID only OZ 201/202 (morning LAX/ICN) were about the only flights that were always an A380, Depending on the season the A380s seemed to bounce around between LAX(OZ203/204 late flight), JFK, FRA and Sydney with a rare quick turn to NRT.

I see LAX as the only real destination that needs one unless OZ can get another slot when things pick up. They might go to just an A380 once a day, but their revenue management is telling them that they need both flights for both passenger and cargo connections..
Old Jun 10, 2021, 10:03 pm

Any more info with this booking? Trying to do an ANA RTW booking and only seeing the regular business class seats available. Thx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.