Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

ICN 13-hour layover during COVID - what to do? Traveling back home with kids.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2020, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

We have been stuck in the Philippines for a few months and now have a flight booked to the US for June 14 via Asiana. I am flying with my wife and two kids (8 and 10). We have a 13 hour layover at ICN. What is the situation on the ground? I read that the Asiana lounge is open but a lot of the activities (I.e., cultural, etc) are not. Can’t go out to the city either. Can you suggest things to do at the airport to pass the time safely? Also, since the transit hotel seems to be closed (can you confirm?) where is the best place you suggest where we can catch some sleep (midnight flight out arriving at 5am)? Your input would be much appreciated!
Old Jun 3, 2020, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS 100k, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
transit hotel is not closed. in fact, it's fully booked for the month of June (terminal 1). some availability on terminal 2
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:32 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by travellingpinoy
We have been stuck in the Philippines for a few months and now have a flight booked to the US for June 14 via Asiana. I am flying with my wife and two kids (8 and 10). We have a 13 hour layover at ICN. What is the situation on the ground? I read that the Asiana lounge is open but a lot of the activities (I.e., cultural, etc) are not. Can’t go out to the city either. Can you suggest things to do at the airport to pass the time safely? Also, since the transit hotel seems to be closed (can you confirm?) where is the best place you suggest where we can catch some sleep (midnight flight out arriving at 5am)? Your input would be much appreciated!
Haven't been to ICN since March, but there are lots of sleeping/resting areas open near the lounges. As long as they are not cordoned off you can set up a base camp for napping, recharging, eating, etc for no cost if the transit hotel isn't booked.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks, @yupenn. My bad! I checked their site and saw no availability for the entire month and assumed they were closed. I will definitely check out terminal 2.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 7:53 am

Programs: DL PM, AS 100k, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by travellingpinoy
Thanks, @yupenn. My bad! I checked their site and saw no availability for the entire month and assumed they were closed. I will definitely check out terminal 2.
you can only use T2 hotel if you have boarding pass departing from T2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.