Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Star Aliance redemptions impossible 01/05/20?

Old May 1, 2020, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Club

Hi,

I'm based in the UK and have been trying trying to book Star Alliance redemption flights for the last couple of days but not managed to.

The UK regional website does not have a Star Alliance redemption link. Using the Korean website I can see availability, chose flights, provide passenger details but then I get a popup telling me to contact a service centre to confirm the redemption. No miles are deducted and I don't get redirected to a payment page.

When I contact the UK centre they tell me that they cannot issue any redemption tickets (??) because they are working from home so I need to contact the Korean office.

When I contact the Korean office they tell me that they cannot issue redemption tickets because I don't have a credit card issued in Korea (??) so I need to use the website.

The website tells me to contact the service centre..... and so on...

Annoyingly I can tell there is availability as each incomplete booking produces a booking reference which works in the United booking system with the correct dates and passenger info, however these incomplete bookings are automatically deleted after 2 hours and no longer work. I have tried different dates / airlines / browsers over the last 2 days and exactly the same thing happens each time.

I'm at the point of giving up and wondered whether Asiana have stopped issuing redemption tickets because of financial problems? Has anyone actually managed to get a reward ticket in the last few days and, if so, how did you do it?

Any pointers would be great!
Old May 1, 2020, 6:12 am

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
Call Asiana LAX office, feed them the flights one by one, they will take your credit card details and then issue the ticket.
Old May 1, 2020, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Club
Thanks for the tip - took a while to get through but looks like this is sorted - never occurred to me to try the LAX office if the Seoul office couldn't help!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.