Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana Club Status Period Extension due to COVID-19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana Club Status Period Extension due to COVID-19?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2020, 10:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
Originally Posted by lsquare
Please report back. I don't want a status extension as well!
no response from [email protected]

normally they response in a couple of days but they might be flooded right now

Is there another way to contact Asiana Club? Calling the US umber is no good anything i ask they just tell me "send us an email and we will see", and thats after being on hold for an hour
Old May 16, 2020, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by UAConcorde
no response from [email protected]

normally they response in a couple of days but they might be flooded right now

Is there another way to contact Asiana Club? Calling the US umber is no good anything i ask they just tell me "send us an email and we will see", and thats after being on hold for an hour
I emailed them as well when I previously posted (May 4). No response back either.
Old May 20, 2020, 4:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
finally got a response, after 2 weeks waiting and 3 polite emails reminding them....

“Sorry the extension was handled by our headquater. Since you requested the extention we cannot reverse."

I think the person answering the email thought I ASKEd for the extension....

I'm new to Asiana but looks like this might be the most imcompetent airline ground/loyalty service ever

just when you think things couldn't possible be worse than United/Delta/Etihad/insert your last airline here, the airline industry proves you wrong
lsquare likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 4:19 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *G/AC 35K *S/Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Hilton Gold
finally got a response

“Sorry the extension was handled by our headquater. Since you requested the extention we cannot reverse."

I'm new to Asiana but looks like this might be the most imcompetent airline ground/loyalty service ever

just when you think things couldn't possible be worse than United/Delta/Etihad/insert your last airline here, the airline industry proves you wrong
Try calling the US OZ Club helpline, then move to the Korea OZ Club helpline. If that doesn’t work, try emailing US OZ Club again and finally, use the Voice of Consumers tool on the OZ website to reach the Korean HQ.

or find a korean friend that could call for you and reach a much more competent agent
Old May 20, 2020, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
finally got a response, after 2 weeks waiting and 3 polite emails reminding them....

Wow. This is crazy. It's not over until it's over. I would escalate things if I were you.
Old May 20, 2020, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by OccasionallyFlying
Try calling the US OZ Club helpline, then move to the Korea OZ Club helpline. If that doesn’t work, try emailing US OZ Club again and finally, use the Voice of Consumers tool on the OZ website to reach the Korean HQ.

or find a korean friend that could call for you and reach a much more competent agent
Thanks for the tip guys. I think I'm just gonna try persisting with USA office first.
Old May 23, 2020, 4:25 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, AS MVPG 100K
On May 14, I sent them a request to extend my status period which was supposed to end 7/31/20 - should be now 1/31/21. They gave me the following response a few hours later - seems like one should wait until a month before end of evaluation period. "Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Asiana Airlines. We have received your inquiry and would be happy to assist you.
It will be reflected on your account around 1 month before your evaluation period ends. If you have any questions or need more information, please do not hesitate to address us.
Thank you for your patronage of Asiana Airlines.

Sincerely,

Asiana Club

Regional Headquarters, the Americas

Asiana Airlines

Tel: 1-800-227-4262
Old May 27, 2020, 11:43 pm

UPDATE: Extension reversal successful after some confusion. Expiration date back to original.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
UPDATE: Extension reversal successful after some confusion. Expiration date back to original.
Mind sharing the details of what you did?
Old May 29, 2020, 6:00 pm

My status is due to expire next April. Am I still eligible for the 6 month extension?
Old May 30, 2020, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Mind sharing the details of what you did?
just persistent message to usasianaclub email, explaining what im asking for everytime in detail
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Well, looks like something in the back-end went wrong. Qualification period was set to end April 30th 2020. Was extended to October 31st 2020. Account now shows the reset with the new evaluation period ending April 30th 2022.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by DreamHigh
Well, looks like something in the back-end went wrong. Qualification period was set to end April 30th 2020. Was extended to October 31st 2020. Account now shows the reset with the new evaluation period ending April 30th 2022.
Interesting, mine did the same as well.

Originally had an extension till Oct 31, 2020. Now it's back to April 30, 2022 as well.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:41 am

Programs: Diamond Asiana Cub // FF Miles&More // Diamond HHonors
Originally Posted by ithacxa
On May 14, I sent them a request to extend my status period which was supposed to end 7/31/20 - should be now 1/31/21. They gave me the following response a few hours later - seems like one should wait until a month before end of evaluation period. "Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Asiana Airlines. We have received your inquiry and would be happy to assist you.
It will be reflected on your account around 1 month before your evaluation period ends. If you have any questions or need more information, please do not hesitate to address us.
Thank you for your patronage of Asiana Airlines.

Sincerely,

Asiana Club

Regional Headquarters, the Americas

Asiana Airlines

Tel: 1-800-227-4262
THanks a lot for sharing this one I was getting nervous ! (although I just need 1200 miles to extend my Dimond till October ... not sure how much flights I can do by then... when end of April 2021 I can do a lot of those 250 miles flights

thanks again for sharing this one
Lmqt
Old Jun 29, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
OZ US CS now saying that the extension only applies to members whose Elite Status will be downgraded before the end of their current status period. It seems if you already have enough miles for re-qualification, they are reversing the extension back to your original date.

And I quote from the email

But in your case, you already have accumulated 30,000miles to maintain Diamond status, so, it was not necessary for your case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.