Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana Club Status Period Extension due to COVID-19?

Asiana Club Status Period Extension due to COVID-19?

Old May 2, 20, 4:37 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *G/AC 35K *S/Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I forgot, what's evaluation period again?

How come I don't see the new date on my account?
Evaluation period is the timeframe where you earn miles to be counted for status.

Apparently they are only updating the new dates for upcoming expirations. Maestro1981 contacted OZ Club and this is what they said to them:

Originally Posted by maestro1981 View Post
Hi all,

I contacted Asiana Club about this (as mine hasn't been extended yet).
Their reply: "Due to COVID-19 situation, evaluation period processing may be delayed up to a month before the expiration date."
lsquare likes this.
Old May 2, 20, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by OccasionallyFlying View Post
Evaluation period is the timeframe where you earn miles to be counted for status.

Apparently they are only updating the new dates for upcoming expirations. Maestro1981 contacted OZ Club and this is what they said to them:
Then what is the base evaluation date?

It might seem kind of strange for me to say this, but maybe I don't want a status extension since I got some flights booked and I want them to count for the new evaluation period. I'm already qualified for Diamond and thus will only get me to a higher tier that doesn't offer much more benefits. Am I missing something here?

TIA!
Old May 2, 20, 4:52 am

Then what is the base evaluation date?

It might seem kind of strange for me to say this, but maybe I don't want a status extension since I got some flights booked and I want them to count for the new evaluation period. I'm already qualified for Diamond and thus will only get me to a higher tier that doesn't offer much more benefits. Am I missing something here?

TIA!
Your new base evaluation date is now May 1, 2021. Many other posters in this thread had the same concern as you, in which case you must wait until OZ Club extends your status in your account and then contact them to possibly have that extension revoked.
Old May 2, 20, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your new base evaluation date is now May 1, 2021. Many other posters in this thread had the same concern as you, in which case you must wait until OZ Club extends your status in your account and then contact them to possibly have that extension revoked.
Thx and I apologized if I wasn't clear. What's the point of a base evaluation date and the evaluation period?
Old May 2, 20, 12:27 pm

Thx and I apologized if I wasn't clear. What's the point of a base evaluation date and the evaluation period?
The base evaluation date is simply the date when your evaluation begins. For example, since you started on October 10, 2018, that would be your base evaluation date.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 2, 20, 3:53 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
lsquare,

I'll try to clarify the OZ system using my experience:

Signed up Feb 2010 making my Base Date is Feb 28, 2010 (last day of February). Upgrade/qualify date is Feb 2012
Made Gold April 2010, next downgrade date is now Feb 2014 since the I qualified early before the original qualify/downgrade date.
Made Diamond May 2010, no change in downgrade/qualify date
Made Diamond Plus December 2010, still no change in date.
Fast Forward to Feb 2012 Qualifying Mileage resets to zero and I'm still Diamond Plus until February 2014
Qualified for Diamond Plus in March 2013, new downgrade date is now February 2016, another early qualification.
Qualified for Diamond Plus in February 2015, new downgrade date is now February 2018, another early qualification.
Fast Forward to Feb 2016 Qualifying Mileage resets to zero and I'm still Diamond Plus until 2018
Qualified for Diamond Plus in November 2016, new downgrade date is now February 2018, another early qualification.
Qualified for Lifetime Diamond Plus in November 2017.
Starting in February 2018. No more downgrade/qualification dates

Hope this helps
lsquare likes this.
Old May 2, 20, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm really hoping that Asiana will allow us to decline the status extension. Looking forward to the upcoming datapoints. I got flights scheduled for later this year and I want them to count for the new qualifying period!
Old May 2, 20, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Where would I see my evaluation period extended? I cant figure it out in the iOS app or the website.
Old May 3, 20, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by hotcrab View Post
Where would I see my evaluation period extended? I cant figure it out in the iOS app or the website.
You need to go to https://flyasiana.com/I/TW/EN/MyasianaDashboard.do# on a computer and scroll down.
Old May 3, 20, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
You need to go to https://flyasiana.com/I/TW/EN/MyasianaDashboard.do# on a computer and scroll down.
That worked, but I guess my dates havent been changed yet.

For those whose dates have been changed, have they also extended the period your next status is valid for? Or is the next evaluation period only 18 months? Or is there 6 months of overlap where you are being evaluated for both periods?
Old May 4, 20, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by hotcrab View Post
That worked, but I guess my dates haven’t been changed yet.

For those whose dates have been changed, have they also extended the period your next status is valid for? Or is the next evaluation period only 18 months? Or is there 6 months of overlap where you are being evaluated for both periods?
So I got my evaluation period extended by ~6 months today. Original evaluation was April 2018 - April 2020. Now it's showing as April 2018 - October 2020.

I can't see info regarding when the next evaluation period is though.... I too am interested to see whether they've now reduced that to 18 months (ie. November 2020 - April 2022). If so, I'm hoping there's a way to refuse this extension.

Your evaluation period will now end on April 31, 2021 and a new evaluation period will start from May 1, 2021 to May 1, 2023.
Where did you get this info from?

Last edited by pentiumvi; May 4, 20 at 12:44 pm
Old May 4, 20, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by pentiumvi View Post
So I got my evaluation period extended by ~6 months today. Original evaluation was April 2018 - April 2020. Now it's showing as April 2018 - October 2020.

I can't see info regarding when the next evaluation period is though.... I too am interested to see whether they've now reduced that to 18 months (ie. November 2020 - April 2022). If so, I'm hoping there's a way to refuse this extension.

Where did you get this info from?
I called OZ Club and they said that they'll consider the end of the extended period as the start of the evaluation period for future status.
Old May 4, 20, 4:03 pm

I called OZ Club and they said that they'll consider the end of the extended period as the start of the evaluation period for future status.
Interesting... now to see whether they'll "take back" the extension if I ask.
Old May 12, 20, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
data point: Mine was set to end on June 30th, it has already been extended as of yesterday to Dec 31st

I've emailed them for reversal of the extension, previously they indicated this is possible, let's see what they say

May 12th: no response yet

Last edited by UAConcorde; May 13, 20 at 12:36 am
Old May 12, 20, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAConcorde View Post
data point: Mine was set to end on June 30th, it has already been extended as of yesterday to Dec 31st

I've emailed them for reverse of the extension, let's see what they say
Please report back. I don't want a status extension as well!

Search this Thread