Suspended Flight Refund Issues

Old Mar 20, 20, 4:49 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Of course, Asiana is running out of cash.
Initiate a credit card chargeback!
Old Mar 20, 20, 9:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / AF Silver
I cancelled right away and got it back in 5 business days. Now I am starting to feel very lucky!
Old Mar 31, 20, 4:11 am

Talking Refund processed, could take 2 - 4 weeks before posting to the credit card account

Received an email response from Asiana last night saying that my refund was processed and should post to the credit card in 2-4 weeks.

My timeline:
3/3/2020 - called Asiana customer hotline and told to send a refund request to [email protected]
3/7/2020 - refund request forwarded to [email protected]
3/30/2020 - email confirmation that the refund was processed and should post to my credit card within 2 - 4 weeks
4/4/2020 - saw that the refund has been credited to my credit card account - not sure when exactly this happened, since I wasn't checking the account daily

In total, it took 4 business days for them to respond to the initial email and forward it to the NY office then another 16 business days (or 23 calendar days, if anyone is counting) before the refund was actually processed.

Last edited by Calydith; Apr 4, 20 at 7:22 am Reason: Updated refund received information
Old Mar 31, 20, 1:39 pm

Programs: SQ,QF,NZ,EK
Today I got my refund from Asiana, 14 days after I called them the last time. On the positive side, I also had an Air Seoul flight, did the refund request online and the money was on my card after 6 days. Much better service than all our NZ and AUS airlines, they only give vouchers which most likely can never be used.
Old Apr 1, 20, 10:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Just asked for a refund. They have cancelled it. I had to email the SFO ticketing for the refund. They asked me to be patient. Hope I get the refund soonish, as it would more than pay off my AMEX for next month.
Old Apr 9, 20, 4:38 pm

Email confirming refund today. Hopefully will hit my Amex soon. Not going to love the loss of points, but glad Asiana isn't dicking around.
Old Apr 17, 20, 6:42 pm

Just in case anyone is wondering how long refunds take, it hit my amex on the 14th. 2 weeks from request to refund is solid, particularly now. Good job asiana, I'll fly with them when this is over.
Gasolin likes this.
Old Jun 2, 20, 6:52 pm

Programs: United, Hilton
Damn they're really behind with their Covid refund policy.
Still only doing waivers for flights through 30 June... and we're already into June!
I've got a booking with them in August. TYO>ICN. How long do I need to wait?

Other Asian airlines like NH and CI already issuing waivers for travel through August.
Old Jun 4, 20, 1:44 pm

I tried calling them.
But it went to a msg saying they’re not accepting calls right now due to high call volumes (middle of weekday!) and just hung up. I know it’s Covid era and all, but that still sucks!
Old Yesterday, 10:41 pm

It's been 25 days since I finally was able to reach someone to start the refund process.
Still no refund. I got my refunds from ANA, China Airlines, DL, AS, UA, EVA all within a week.
Asiana did say it could take up to 2 months for a refund, but man they are so slow.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: