Wiki Posts
Search

OZ interline BA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance
OZ interline BA

Does anyone know if OZ will check through baggage to BA?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes, OZ has an interline agreement with BA. Of course this is only relevant if you have a single ticket with both flights in the same ticket. Otherwise there is no way to know if OZ will check through to BA or not. Probably not.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Yes, OZ has an interline agreement with BA. Of course this is only relevant if you have a single ticket with both flights in the same ticket. Otherwise there is no way to know if OZ will check through to BA or not. Probably not.
no unfortunately, I got them separate
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RichardHein
no unfortunately, I got them separate
Then don't count on it. You may get a friendly agent but there is no requirement to do so and I think it is probably unlikely. How much time between your flights, and what airport?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Then don't count on it. You may get a friendly agent but there is no requirement to do so and I think it is probably unlikely. How much time between your flights, and what airport?
From BKK-ICN-LHR-MAN very funny i know around 2 and a half hour transferring time
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RichardHein
From BKK-ICN-LHR-MAN very funny i know around 2 and a half hour transferring time
You'll probably be ok (going landslide, retrieving your luggage, and checking in again), but you understand the risks of separate tickets, right? For starters, if your OZ flight is cancelled, your BA flight will leave without you, and you don't have any recourse...
Old Feb 16, 2020, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Bear in mind that BA bag check closes at T-60 and that is cutting it far too close for comfort. You will need to enter the country, collect your bags, proceed through Customs, collect your bags, head to check-in / bag drop with BA, and then head out through security to the gate. As noted above, any delays are your risk.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:03 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *G/AC 35K *S/Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Hilton Gold
I'd say you have a pretty good chance of interlining. I recently interlined OZ -> BR (illegal connection, same PNR) -> CX (award ticket, separate PNR) and they did it without hesitation. It would help tremendously if you do have *G for priority check in as in my experience, elite check-in agents are more willing to interline with separate PNRs. Even without elite check-in, they still should be able to do it for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.