Wiki Posts
Search

SYD-ICN-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

SYD-ICN-SFO

I just booked a SYD-ICN-SFO award using UA miles, for mid-December. The SYD-SFO segment is on a 777-200LR. I went to the Asiana website (I've never flown them before) and that aircraft wasn't even listed (they have a few different configurations of the 777-200ER, but not the LR). Is it new to the fleet?

Just wondering what the seats will be like (it is a 10+ hr flight after all), Is it the "Business Smartium" (worst name ever) seat that they have in the 777-200ER and the A350-900 that I'll be using for my next leg? Are these seats pretty comfortable?

Also my connection in ICN is only 1hr 40 min, which seems short for an international connection. I've flown to ICN before but never transited there. Can I transit without entering Korea? If so, is the transit desk quick / efficient? I am not worried about visa issues (Canadian Passport; US Green Card) but I am a little worried about time. Is this a reasonable connection, assuming no delays?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I just booked a SYD-ICN-SFO award using UA miles, for mid-December. The SYD-SFO segment is on a 777-200LR. I went to the Asiana website (I've never flown them before) and that aircraft wasn't even listed (they have a few different configurations of the 777-200ER, but not the LR). Is it new to the fleet?

Just wondering what the seats will be like (it is a 10+ hr flight after all), Is it the "Business Smartium" (worst name ever) seat that they have in the 777-200ER and the A350-900 that I'll be using for my next leg? Are these seats pretty comfortable?
77L is the OZ internal code for the 777-200ERs with Business Smartium (yes, horrible name) and it'll be the exact same seats as what's on the A359/380. Seats are fine — very much your standard staggered configuration.

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Also my connection in ICN is only 1hr 40 min, which seems short for an international connection. I've flown to ICN before but never transited there. Can I transit without entering Korea? If so, is the transit desk quick / efficient? I am not worried about visa issues (Canadian Passport; US Green Card) but I am a little worried about time. Is this a reasonable connection, assuming no delays?
1h40 connection in ICN is easy — there's no need to clear immigration, only transit security — which is pretty quick and shouldn't be crowded when SYD-ICN arrives.
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:20 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
SYD-ICN (if that’s what you meant) changes over late-Nov to mid-April to the A380 so it’s unlikely to remain the 77L
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sol95
SYD-ICN (if that’s what you meant) changes over late-Nov to mid-April to the A380 so it’s unlikely to remain the 77L
Oh nice! And yes, that's what I meant, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.