Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to add OZ FF# to UA ticket

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Unable to add OZ FF# to UA ticket

I am Diamond on OZ and have purchased several UA flights.

However, when I try and add my OZ FF# when checking in, the UA website and app say it is invalid.

At the airport (LAX and ORD), UA staff are also unable to add it. The lounge staff seem to be able to bring up my details though and have let me in.

Is there a trick like having to precede the FF# with a 0 on UA bookings or something?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Hmm, never had an issue and I do it all the time. Online are you just copy/pasting the number?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I have tried cutting and pasting as well as entering manually. The UA staff also entered it manually and it still didn't work.

This is my first time flying UA but I have never had problems collecting Asiana Club miles on OZ, BR, TG, SG, LH, SN, TP, SA, ET, TK etc
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
I’ve encountered problems with UA not being able to change the original FFP# to something else at a later date.
most recently, they couldn’t change from my SQ # which was included in the original booking to my OZ #. I couldn’t do it myself online, nor by calling prior to flying, nor on checkin...no idea what the issue was but wasn’t too fussed.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by sol95
I’ve encountered problems with UA not being able to change the original FFP# to something else at a later date.
most recently, they couldn’t change from my SQ # which was included in the original booking to my OZ #. I couldn’t do it myself online, nor by calling prior to flying, nor on checkin...no idea what the issue was but wasn’t too fussed.
I had the same problem today when I was checking in. I updated the FF # on the NH website to my OZ account a while back, and verified that it was correct at check-in (NH metal booked on UA website, using NH FF at booking). When my boarding pass printed, it showed the OZ number, preceded by NH, with no mention of *G status. I never updated from the NH to the OZ number on the UA website, and I guess that caused an error in the system (even though none of my flights are actually on UA).

*A has a lot of issues with codeshares, and the actual fare classes are wildly unpredictable. It would seem like these would be simple problems to solve by having some *A brand standards, but I guess that is just too much to hope for.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I have found that for UA the name has to match exactly for the system to allow the FF# to take. it's very annoying.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: *G (NH); OWS (JL); STE (KE)
I was unable to add my OZ number to a UA reservation online, but was easily done by a call to UA reservations (in my case, to the UA reservations line in Tokyo). No need to add any additional digits to the number. A quick refresh to the reservation later online showed the OZ number recognised and recognition of *A gold status. I hope the OP finds a solution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.