Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Personal Item Size Restrictions?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Question Personal Item Size Restrictions?

Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker but seldom poster on these forums and I apologize if someone has already asked this question in the past. I did a search but couldn't find an answer to my specific question.

Have an upcoming flight on OZ in economy and this is my first time flying on this airline. The itinerary is BUF - JFK - ICN - SIN and returning the same way. While I could not find any mention of personal item size restrictions on the Asiana website, on other sites and older posts on forums other than flyertalk, I have seen mention that the the combined size and weight of the personal item and carry-on baggage could not exceed the stipulated size and weight requirements listed on the Asiana site. However, on the few threads I could find about this on the flyertalk forums, it sounds like there is no such restriction. I just want to clarify what the current restrictions actually are - is it similar to other international carriers where the personal item just has to be able to fit under the seat in front of you?

Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Calydith
Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker but seldom poster on these forums and I apologize if someone has already asked this question in the past. I did a search but couldn't find an answer to my specific question.

Have an upcoming flight on OZ in economy and this is my first time flying on this airline. The itinerary is BUF - JFK - ICN - SIN and returning the same way. While I could not find any mention of personal item size restrictions on the Asiana website, on other sites and older posts on forums other than flyertalk, I have seen mention that the the combined size and weight of the personal item and carry-on baggage could not exceed the stipulated size and weight requirements listed on the Asiana site. However, on the few threads I could find about this on the flyertalk forums, it sounds like there is no such restriction. I just want to clarify what the current restrictions actually are - is it similar to other international carriers where the personal item just has to be able to fit under the seat in front of you?

Thanks for your help!
I'm no expert, but in the year+ I have been regularly flying OZ I have yet to see any issues with size/weight restrictions for carry-on and personal items. OZ is like pretty much every other carrier.

If it fits under the seat and isn't made of pure lead I would assume it's fine.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SightseeMC
I'm no expert, but in the year+ I have been regularly flying OZ I have yet to see any issues with size/weight restrictions for carry-on and personal items. OZ is like pretty much every other carrier.

If it fits under the seat and isn't made of pure lead I would assume it's fine.
That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Had a hell of a time trying to book the tickets through their website - after several failed attempts resulting in a system error please try again message, it finally went through only to tell me that something had gone wrong with my reservation and to call the ticketing office so they could help to release the e-tickets. Ended up waiting on hold for 40mins before being told that I needed to fill in the credit authorization paperwork and send it back to them with photocopies of my credit card and photo ID..Never have I had to work so hard to get an airline to take my money. With how this whole thing started, I am leaving nothing to chance. /end-of-rant

Thanks for the help!
SightseeMC and wpcoe like this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:58 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
My one and only attempt to book & buy ticket directly on the OZ site was similar to @Calydith. They required I take my credit card in person to an OZ ticket office. I ended up cancelling (without charge) and rebooking the same itinerary/fare with Expedia.
SightseeMC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.