Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Couple questions for SYD-ICN-FRA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Couple questions for SYD-ICN-FRA

I will be using a J award on OZ to go SYD-ICN-FRA and have a couple questions to which I cannot find answers on OZ website (or this thread)
1. The layover at ICN is overnight--arrive 7pm, depart 10am-- will they check my larger bag all the way through such that I don't have to claim it at ICN? Would save me from lugging it around or storing it. Planning to go into Seoul and stay at my favourite place.
2. Do they provide pyjamas on board? (looks like probably no)

Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:42 pm

I am guessing you are not taking advantage of the STPC? In either case, at SYD, ask them to check your baggage through to FRA (which I think is what they default to). For pajamas, in other threads other users have mentioned that they were giving out pajamas until they ran out in Business Suite. J rewards aren't suites, so I don't think it apply to you anyway.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks for info about checked bag, hope that's the case.

Not eligible for STPC from what I read in this forum, since award. I got F ICN-FRA with original booking, still kept Business Suite seat after the change, which looks like my only chance for PJs unless they've run out.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:18 pm

Ah I see makes sense. Yeah checking bags through to Frankfurt is no problem at all. You should get your ICN-FRA boarding pass in Sydney so all you won't even need to check-in, just rock up straight to security and you don't have to get to the airport too early.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by prelude
I am guessing you are not taking advantage of the STPC? In either case, at SYD, ask them to check your baggage through to FRA (which I think is what they default to). For pajamas, in other threads other users have mentioned that they were giving out pajamas until they ran out in Business Suite. J rewards aren't suites, so I don't think it apply to you anyway.
STPC is not available for award redemptions. Also, OZ has recently made changes so that it's not available for discount tickets either.

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I will be using a J award on OZ to go SYD-ICN-FRA and have a couple questions to which I cannot find answers on OZ website (or this thread)
1. The layover at ICN is overnight--arrive 7pm, depart 10am-- will they check my larger bag all the way through such that I don't have to claim it at ICN? Would save me from lugging it around or storing it. Planning to go into Seoul and stay at my favourite place.
2. Do they provide pyjamas on board? (looks like probably no)

Thanks for your help.
1. you can through-check your bags. Don't need to pick them up at ICN
2. No. OZ only provided PJs in F. If you're in Business Suite, you may get PJs as they're being distributed in the Business Suite section until they run out. Honestly though, I didn't really like the PJs from OZ F...they're quite thick, which makes it uncomfortable onboard since the temperature is usually set quite high. And the insides of the PJs are lined with this mesh material...I think it's to wick away sweat, but just makes it coarse and itchy for me.
kirkwoodj likes this.

Last edited by sol95; Oct 10, 2019 at 6:44 am
Old Oct 12, 2019, 8:33 am

Related Q to SYD-ICN route (if anyone knows). It consistently has 1J available to book w/ UA miles. If I book that, will they release another seat to availability? Do they release close-in? I'm looking for 2J from Australia -> US. The ICN -> US route has 2J all the time, but only finding the 1J to ICN.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the excellent responses everyone ^
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders
Related Q to SYD-ICN route (if anyone knows). It consistently has 1J available to book w/ UA miles. If I book that, will they release another seat to availability? Do they release close-in? I'm looking for 2J from Australia -> US. The ICN -> US route has 2J all the time, but only finding the 1J to ICN.
I find the award availability pattern for SYD-ICN and vv changes all the time. For a while there was consistently easy J award availability, then there was none for ages, I just find it very unpredictable. Obviously it's likely to be easier midweek / out of high season.
StevieTopSiders likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.